Previous in Forum: Corn Flour in LLDPE PLASTICS   Next in Forum: Human Electrical Potential
Close
Close
Close
7 comments
Anonymous Poster

Manufacturing Manager

03/18/2009 12:08 AM

I am struggling to find out how to produce nylon tubing assemblies that are used in medical equipment. These tubing assemblies carries reagents, blood and other fluid. Appreciate if someone can share the know-how from tube cutting to assembly of the connectors, or point to a site that has these information. Thank you.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Guru

Good Answers: 1666

Re: Manufacturing Manager

03/18/2009 7:54 PM

Go to a nylon tubing fitting manufacturer and tell him you will buy his stuff if he tells you how to use it.

Google: nylon tubing fitting manufacturers

Good luck.

Associate
Engineering Fields - Manufacturing Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member

03/19/2009 6:02 AM

What's detail you want to know?

Please contact me by email,williamb@plastivac.com

03/19/2009 6:05 AM
Commentator

Good Answers: 4

03/19/2009 2:51 PM

Hello dear Guest, These products can be classified under the heading of MEDICAL DISPOSABLES. These are not just made by buying some plastic parts, nylon tubings & assemble to sell or use. Many different difficult Technologies are involved. I am listing below some of the important ones : 1. Knowledge of GMP ( Good Manufacturing Practices ) 2. Clean Room Technology. 3. Air conditioned Factory set- up. 4. Special Injection Molding & Tube extrusion plant. 5. Special Toolings for these equipment. 6. Well trained work force 7. Automated assembly System. 8. Special packing & printing 9. Sterilization system 10.Good Water 11.Brand Name 12. use of medical grade PLASTICS. There could be many more areas you need to be careful. Perhaps you may need a strong Technical collaboration for such life saving products. Sortimat makes one of the best assembly systems. For further info visit www.sortimat.com Good luck. Rangasamy

Good Answers: 15
In reply to #4

03/22/2009 2:33 AM

Hello,

This is a very good answer, and to top it, nylon is not the material of choice for medical tubing. The question is a huge and vague question needing the type of expert break down that you mention. Sounds like homework needs to be done. "Hey! lets invent a spaceshuttle, can you tell me how?"

Regards

Good Answers: 4
In reply to #5

03/23/2009 1:47 PM

Hi 2tinker, thanks. The guest disappeared from the scene leaving both of us to go to NASA to build the Spaceshuttle. I was trained in Freseneus plant in Germany to set up a most Modern plant for manufacturing Medical Disposables like I.V Catheter / Scalp vein sets etc. That is how I could mention about many technologies required for such a project. Regards. Rangasamy

03/25/2009 9:53 PM

MATERIAL:

Polymide "Nylon 6/6" semi rigid general purpose.

FEATURES:

• Chemical resistance to ammonia, benzene, essential oils, fats, grease,

ketones, and tulene

• Natural compound covered under FDA 121.2502 regulation for food contact

To order by phone: 1-800-669-9650 To order by fax: 1-800-736-0141

Reply to Forum Thread 7 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

2tinker (1); Anonymous Poster (1); attila2007 (1); lyn (1); Rangasamy (2); william.bei (1)

Previous in Forum: Corn Flour in LLDPE PLASTICS   Next in Forum: Human Electrical Potential
You might be interested in: Plastic Tubing, Rubber Tubing, Tubing

Advertisement