Previous in Forum: vermicomposter/reactor   Next in Forum: Magnetic alignment of a biopolymer solution?
Close
Close
Close
4 comments
Participant

Biomedical Engineering

04/18/2009 1:24 AM

Please does anyone can tell me about Xenon strobe as using it in medical purpose ?

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 243

Re: Biomedical Engineering

04/19/2009 3:18 PM

Not all Xenon lamps are strobes.

Xenon strobes are more typically used for medical flash photography. They are used as direct illumination for industrial automation machine vision systems.That may extend to lab equipment.

Cosmetic medical (high end salon) procedures may use Xenon flash to drive Intense pulsed light /variable pulsed light for hair removal, tatoo removal, treatment of acne or psoriasis and vascular(varicose vein) treatment instead of lasers.

Non strobe Xenon lamps may be used as a light source for surgical theaters, on surgeon as a headlamp task illuminator, drivers for fiber optic illumination,(endoscopes endoscopy) and for opthalmoscope. These are not strobes however.

And if the nurses have been issues maglites, those bulbs are xenon unless they are the newer LED ones.

milo

In reply to #1

04/22/2009 12:17 AM

Thanks a lot Milo

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 243
In reply to #2

04/22/2009 10:51 PM

You're welcome.

This is what CR4 is all about. I do hope that you register (its free) and participate.

milo

Good Answers: 12

04/27/2009 9:47 PM

A zenon strobe provides a very fast pulse of light and is mostly used to freeze motion, although I've learned some new uses from the other replies. I've been told that at the right frequencies, it can sometimes induce siezures in epileptics! I"ve known of it being used in certain types of EEG's to look for certain responses. (back in the old days)

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 4 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); Milo (2); Rebuilt (1)

Previous in Forum: vermicomposter/reactor   Next in Forum: Magnetic alignment of a biopolymer solution?

Advertisement