Previous in Forum: Courses to pursue during holidays   Next in Forum: Rheology MFI MVR Differences
Close
Close
Close
2 comments
Guru

Good Answers: 10

Is Zoloft Suitable for Stress?

06/09/2009 4:56 AM

I need your help.

A friend of mine is having some stress and she is recommended to take "ZOLOFT" 50mg /day for the relieve of the stress. After taking some, she feel the same and not to herself.

Is this medicine is suitable for stress and what are the side effect after taking it.

Please let me know

Thanks

Management is just like a bunch of Monkey sitting on a tall tree. Some climb to the highest branch and some at the lowest branch. The highest Monkey look down and see a lot of happy faces but the lower Monkey looks up and see nothing but all the....
Register to Reply
This discussion was "closed" on 06/09/2009 11:19 AM. No new comments are allowed.
Message from admins:
This not remotely an engineering issue. Your friend should be discussing this with her physician.
Guru
Hobbies - CNC - New Member Popular Science - Biology - New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member

Good Answers: 145

Re: Stress Medicine

06/09/2009 6:58 AM

Simon,

The possible side effects of the medication should be listed - on the package or on a separate sheet that's included with it.

Here's the wiki for sertraline - the generic drug name for "Zoloft". Two studies are listed near the bottom, for treating anxiety. One study was positive, the other was not. The side effects are discussed too. You'll find many user comments if you google "Zoloft side effects".

Your friend should see the doctor to discuss stopping use of the medication - withdrawal can be a problem, and the doctor should be able to recommend some support for that. You may want to give her strong personal support as well. The worst adverse effect of Zoloft is that some people go off the deep end and commit suicide. Be sure your friend understands this is a drug effect, it will pass, and she should ignore any false feelings like that!!

Good Answers: 143

Re: Stress Medicine

06/09/2009 10:38 AM

There's an engineering ethic - don't practice what you don't know. Tell your friend to see a physician.

This discussion was "closed" on 06/09/2009 11:19 AM. No new comments are allowed.
Message from admins:
This not remotely an engineering issue. Your friend should be discussing this with her physician.

Previous in Forum: Courses to pursue during holidays   Next in Forum: Rheology MFI MVR Differences

Advertisement