Previous in Forum: External Hard Disk Not Working Properly   Next in Forum: How to Boot XP from USD HD or Thumb Drive
Close
Close
Close
Associate

Checking a URL Automatically

06/10/2009 3:22 PM

hi guys, is there a program/add-on in firefox or other web browser that can automatically go to a user-defined website at a user-defined time? for example i want to check the status of my application in jobstreet every five hours, so i'll just set an alarm in my watch every 5hours and i'll just turn on the monitor and see the status of my application? or another example is when im monitoring replies to a certain forum. Is this possible? thanks in advance

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: automatic load url website
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Popular Science - Biology - life lover Hobbies - Musician - music lover Safety - Hazmat - better safe than sorry United Arab Emirates - Member - desert trek Technical Fields - Procurement - procurement

Good Answers: 58

Re: Checking a URL Automatically

06/29/2009 7:05 AM

hi,

jobstreet, and some well-thought-of-sites, offer visitors and users an option of being informed of any updates done on their site.

jobstreet, specifically, has a functionality called "Job Alerts" which will send you an email once a "fit" is found with your qualifications to a job opening that has been posted by an employer. if you have a PDA, or WAP-ready mobile phone, you can configure this to receive such alerts, too! you'll just have to set this up first from within the jobstreet website.

HTH!

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: External Hard Disk Not Working Properly   Next in Forum: How to Boot XP from USD HD or Thumb Drive

Advertisement