Previous in Forum: Turbine Efficiency   Next in Forum: Air conditioning your offices and homes using solar or gas fired systems
Close
Close
Close
6 comments
Power-User

Circlips and Bearings

06/18/2009 12:59 PM

Dear all,

Please tell me use of circlip (Internal or External) to arrest bearings or if any.

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Engineering Fields - Systems Engineering - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

Good Answers: 62

Re: Circlip

06/18/2009 1:04 PM

Retention.

Good Answers: 103

Re: Circlips and Bearings

06/18/2009 11:16 PM

The bearings have three components - Inner race (usually on shaft)

Outer Race (usually on housing)

Cage (ball, Roller, needle etc)

Even in bearings that do not have axial thrusts (like radial bearings), there is a possibility of the movement of the races on their respective diameters (shaft or housing) due to the minute thrusts generated.

hence these are to be still retained in place to avoid the axial movement during operation, which will result in mis-alignment of the racesand Cage, which will result in overstressing of the bearing and eventual failure

To avoid this movement some stopper are necessary. usually one side will be (but not necessary) a step on shaft. But the other side you have to put either some keeper plate (provided it is at the end of the shaft), some spacer or a retailing ring. The retaining ring however can not be used to take high oad and as the name suggest, it is just to retain it in position.

Fantastic ideas for a Fantastic World, I make the illogical logical.They put me in cars,they put me in yer tv.They put me in stereos and those little radios you stick in your ears.They even put me in watches, they have teeny gremlins for your watches
Register to Reply
Power-User

06/19/2009 1:33 PM

Is anybody able to send pictures or diagram.

thank you.

Good Answers: 103

06/19/2009 11:18 PM
Fantastic ideas for a Fantastic World, I make the illogical logical.They put me in cars,they put me in yer tv.They put me in stereos and those little radios you stick in your ears.They even put me in watches, they have teeny gremlins for your watches
Register to Reply
Power-User

In reply to #4

06/21/2009 1:07 PM

Hi

Expecting more diagrams if anybody can send.

Thank you.

06/25/2009 11:17 AM

A circlip (a combination of 'circle' and 'clip', and pronounced thus), or snap ring is a type of fastener consisting of a semi-flexible metal ring with open ends which can be snapped into place, into a machined groove on a dowel pin or other part to permit rotation but to prevent lateral movement. There are two basic types: internal and external, referring to whether they are fitted into a tube or over a shaft. Circlips are often used to secure pinned connections.

This general type of fasteners are sized to provide an interference fit onto (or into, in the case of an internal fastener) a groove or land when in use, such that they must be elastically deformed in order to install or remove them.

Generally there are seven types of Circlips

1. Internal Circlip (Nirmal and Heavy Series), 2. External Circlip (Normal and Heavy Series), 3. K Type Circlip, 4. E type Circlip (Retaining Ring), 5. C Type Circlip 6. U Type Circlip and 7. Snap Ring

Visit link of my circlip vendor, they are sound is circlips.

http://www.circlip.com/internal-circlip.html

Manoj krishna "Bali"

Crozair Technicea

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 6 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Bali (1); edignan (1); sandeep lokhande (2); sb (2)

Previous in Forum: Turbine Efficiency   Next in Forum: Air conditioning your offices and homes using solar or gas fired systems

Advertisement