Previous in Forum: Go With the Lean Flow   Next in Forum: High accurate liquid level measurement
Close
Close
Close
Anonymous Poster

Swirling secondary air flow to cut CO emissions

12/08/2006 1:06 PM

Hi everyone,

my facility has a problem to limit its CO emissions. We are using a secondary air fan and several nozzles to inject air flow in the furnace above the combustion bed in order to finish the CO combustion in CO2. From what I understand the critical parameters are the turbulence created and the air flow penetration. We tried to improve the penetration by allowing more air flow to go through more or less nozzles. It didn't work.

So I don't know what to do. I heard that in Europe they don't inject the air directly in the furnace but make it "swirl". And it is said to greatly improve the turbulence and cut down the CO emissions.

Does anyone heard about this technology? do you know any contractor who provide such "swirling technology" ?

Many many thanks

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Power-User

Good Answers: 8

Re: Swirling secondary air flow to cut CO emissions

12/10/2006 12:47 AM

Contractor: Canalis, LLC

E-mail: rdy@satx.net

Precisely control the fuel air mixture and combustion temp by precisely controlling the SAF damper position in the controllable range (all must be 30-70% open). Accuracy needed must be measured with special instrumentation. Sensors are cost effective economical. Computer based operator interface will increase the boiler efficiency as the effluents are decreased. www.groups.yahoo.com/group/cornstoves

Minimize PAF.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Go With the Lean Flow   Next in Forum: High accurate liquid level measurement

Advertisement