Previous in Forum: Hydrocarbon Dewpointing   Next in Forum: Floor Safety USA is THE choice for slip and fall prevention.
Close
Close
Close
2 comments
Guru
Popular Science - Biology - life lover Hobbies - Musician - music lover Safety - Hazmat - better safe than sorry United Arab Emirates - Member - desert trek Technical Fields - Procurement - procurement

Good Answers: 58

Equivalent of Class A-III Rebar

12/14/2009 8:30 AM

Hi standards guys,

for a project, we are looking for a rebar with the following physical and chemical properties:

Class A-III, Relative Elongation: 14%; Yield Pt. (kg/mm2): 40; Ultimate Resistance (kg/mm2): 60

Chem'l Composition:

S-0.05; P-0.05; Mn-1.12 to 1.60; Si-0.60 to 0.90; C-0.20 to 0.29

I wish I had a standards book, but I don't. can't seem to find it with my google prowess, too.

I'd appreciate if anyone can point me to it, or just let me know it's equivalent grade in the more common standards such as ASTM/ASME, JIS, DIN, EN, etc.

TIA!

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Associate

Good Answers: 2

Re: Equivalent of Class A-III Rebar

12/22/2009 5:34 AM

HI all!

The reinforcing steel named A-III is steel at Russian standart GOST 5781-82*. I don't khow what is it at US standart, but in EuroCODE2 this steel is S400. Yield point in Russian construction standart SP52-101-2003 for service is 400MPa. Yield point for accidental is 355MPa.

The stell A-III is reinforcing steel for industrial and moholitic (I don't know how it in English) building without prestressing.

Good Answers: 2
In reply to #1

Re: Equivalent of Class A-III Rebar

12/22/2009 6:31 AM

Diametr of rebars 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 25, 28, 32, 36, 40 (mm) etc. is available.

Russian standart GOST5781-82* is changed with STO7-93, now. And Russian civil engenirs may refer (in construction drawings) to GOST5781-82* or STO7-93 if they want. In STO7-93 this reinforcing steel named A400. Many foreign manufacture produce this steel at Russian standart STO7-93, now (for example China and Egypt).

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Hydrocarbon Dewpointing   Next in Forum: Floor Safety USA is THE choice for slip and fall prevention.

Advertisement