Previous in Forum: Coincident Ratio for Body Flange and Cylinder   Next in Forum: cooling tower COC
Close
Close
Close
2 comments

HUB for pressure vessels

01/29/2010 1:05 PM

I would please appreciate if somebody tell me where is the definition (if defined) of "hub" for a pressure vessel, mainly in a butt welded connection of a flat plate...and if it is ASME COde definition...much better!

Thanks in advance

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: ASME butt flat hub vessel
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Anonymous Poster

Re: HUB for pressure vessels

01/30/2010 10:13 PM

Hub is defined as the outer end of the vessel. The weld and plate thickness is defined by the size of the vessel, and internal pressure defined by liquid or by gas internal pressure characteristics.

I don't know of the ASME standards, but the ANSI standards are listed below. You can go to the link to find other Global standards.

PROVIDE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PERTAINING TO THE USE OF FINAL PRODUCT APPLICATION, AND ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE WILL FOLLOW...

Best Regards, Tim

VOLUME CAN BE DEFINED BY THIS LINK BELOW:

http://www.handymath.com/cgi-bin/ellipseb.cgi?submit=Entry

American system

U.S. ANSI B16.5 <steel pipe flange and flange fitting> ANSI B16.47

a. Nominal pressure:150psi(2.0Mpa ),300psi(5.0Mpa ),400psi(6.8Mpa ),600psi(10.0Mpa ),900psi(15.0Mpa ),1500psi(25.0Mpa ),2500psi(42.0Mpa )

Pressuring rating: CL150,CL300,CL600,CL900,CL1500

b. Nominal diameter: 6~4000mm

c. Structure style:filleting welding flange,socket welding flange,threaded connecting flange :loose flange,butt welding flange,blind flange

d. Sealing face: ANSI B 16.5 RF flanges,raised face,female face,female-male-face,tongue groove face,metal ring joint face.

Register to Reply

In reply to #1

Re: HUB for pressure vessels

01/31/2010 5:56 AM

Thanks Tim,

But I don't think it is clear that definition: outer end of a vessel.

As an example, you have falnges with hub and without hub, and both have an outer end. Where have you taken that definition?

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 2 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Coincident Ratio for Body Flange and Cylinder   Next in Forum: cooling tower COC

Advertisement