Previous in Forum: How to Build a practical LASER source?   Next in Forum: Screw Thread for Magnesium Application
Close
Close
Close
9 comments

Micro/Nano Manufacturing Cluster

03/29/2007 5:38 PM

I would like to know where are there industry clusters of Micromanufacturing or Nanomanufacturing industries?

Where would engineering companies like to see a conference and exhibit held?

How long would they prefer to exhibit? Would they like to attend the conference and exhibit or have it separate?

Is the industry ready or want a conference and exhibit on this topic?

The Inside

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Anonymous Poster

Re: Micro/Nano Manufacturing Cluster

04/02/2007 4:52 AM

The triangular area in Europe around Eindhoven, Aachen, and Leuven (Netherlands Germany, Belgium) has several manufacturing centres where micro-manufacturing is being done. I presume also manufacturing on nano-level due to research conducted in this area. Possible contacts in this area: Imec, Philips, TNO, Frauenhofer, ASML, NXP, TU/e.

Register to Reply
Active Contributor

In reply to #1

04/02/2007 5:10 AM

I think there are already many events in Europe aimed to attract the attention of nano/micro industries, i.e. Euronanoforum, etc.

In reply to #1

04/02/2007 9:25 AM

I know there are lots of events in Europe and outside of the U.S. but where in America would you like to see a micro manufacturing event?

Register to Reply
Active Contributor

In reply to #3

04/02/2007 12:53 PM

You can check this info...

Nanotech 2007, the largest nanotechnology conference in the U.S, will be held May 20-24 2007 at Santa Clara Convention Center in California. Santa Clara sits between two of Northern California's largest cities San Francisco and San Jose and is the heart of Silicon Valley.

Posters on the following nanotechnology topics are in highest demand for Nanotech 2007 submissions:

• Nano in Medicine: (Cancer Detection, Live-Cell Research, Assisting with Gene Therapy, Drug Formulation ad Delivery, and a special symposium with the National Cancer Institute);
  • Nano in Energy: (Nano-Enabled Fuel Cells, Nanomaterials for Oil Extraction, Light-Weight Composites for Better Energy Efficiency);
  • Nano in Consumer Goods: (Nanostructured Fluids, Soft Nano, Filtration & Separation, Smart Packaging-- including the "Health & Environmental Summit on Nano");
  • Nano and Security: (Sensors, Filtration, Integrated Systems);
  • Nano and Materials: (Carbon nanotubes, Nanomanufacturing, Fabrication, Composites)
  • Nano and Electronics: (Semiconductor research, Advanced Lithography, Modeling, MEMS, Atomic Simulation, Displays & Thin Films)
  • F1000 Nano R&D, Partnership Efforts: (Internal or co-operative research and co-development efforts between large commercial firms, and university, research centers, and government labs).

Submissions can be made online at: www.nsti.org/Nanotech2007/authors/abstracts.html

In reply to #4

04/02/2007 12:56 PM

Thanks so much

Register to Reply
Power-User

Good Answers: 2
In reply to #5

04/02/2007 1:12 PM

Yeah, but.....

Insider, if you want to explore options for building an industry community, don't overlook the value that CR4 brings to that goal.

Also, just because there is a conference in/near Santa Clara/Silicon Valley, California, other industry clusters exist in the US. Certainly, the greater Boston area has much effort underway; there are other northeastern pockets in Buffalo, Albany and Parsipanny, NJ, too. And, there are a number of vibrant companies in Texas (maybe Austin-centric?).

Micro/Nano is a technology and not a business, per se. As the outline for the Santa Clara/Silicon Valley conference shows, it is the application of this technology to opportunities in microelectronics, healthcare, energy, catalysis, etc. that will impact major industries and create entirely new ones. My thought: focus your talent and passions where those with the most need are located not only where those with the most talent are working.

Register to Reply
Active Contributor

04/02/2007 5:32 PM

Insider, might we actually know is the eventual reason that you are trying to find out about industry clusters of Micro- or Nanomanufacturing in Europe or the USA?

In reply to #7

04/02/2007 5:35 PM

I think it is an interesting industry and I wanted to get a little feedback before I make marketing decisions moving forward.

Register to Reply
Power-User

Good Answers: 2
In reply to #8

04/02/2007 5:37 PM

We're here to help, Insider! Choose whom you trust wisely; but, we are all in this together, too.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 9 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); Insider (3); MillMatt (2); mtcuberes (3)

Previous in Forum: How to Build a practical LASER source?   Next in Forum: Screw Thread for Magnesium Application

Advertisement