Previous in Forum: The Electric Universe Theory   Next in Forum: At what point is a "solar body" a planet?
Close
Close
Close
2 comments
Guru
United States - Member - New Member Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - Organizer Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Engineering Fields - Nuclear Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 32

Support for Space Shuttle Program Hits New Low

08/04/2005 9:55 AM

According to a recent CBS News poll, only 59% of Americans believe that the space shuttle program is worth continuing. Moreover, only 55% of those polled said that NASA is doing a good or excellent job. Unfortunately for the space agency, views of whether the shuttle program should continue are strongly tied to ratings of NASA.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Friend of CR4

Good Answers: 35

Sadly, I'm in the majority

08/04/2005 10:18 AM

I used to be a big fan of the shuttle program. When I was gowing up in the late 1970s, I remember following Enterprise's first deployment from the top of a Pan Am jet. Well, it's 25 years later - Pan Am is long gone, and I fear the shuttle should follow suit. The main obstacle to this step, though, is the International Space Station (ISS). While ships from many countries can get to the ISS, the space shuttles are the only vessels that can carry a large amount of cargo. If the shuttles are out of the equation, the ISS is doomed. So any serious plan to remove the shuttle fleet from service has to take this into account.

United States - Member - New Member Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - Organizer Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Engineering Fields - Nuclear Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 32
In reply to #1

Re:Sadly, I'm in the majority

08/04/2005 1:23 PM

I, too, am a former shuttle fan who is no longer inspired by NASA. If the shuttle is integral to the success of the International Space Station, then the international community should foot more of the bill so that NASA can begin other projects.

Reply to Forum Thread 2 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: The Electric Universe Theory   Next in Forum: At what point is a "solar body" a planet?

Advertisement