Previous in Forum: Pipeline Branch Connections   Next in Forum: I Need A Simple Mechanism
Close
Close
Close
6 comments
Commentator

What Base For Direct Drive Mechanism

08/06/2011 8:17 AM

My juicer is ready but the problem is how to connect the bases of juicer and gear-motor. I'm making direct drive using couplings. One idea is to use a same floor having both motor and juicer unit attached to it but it is costing more and will become heavy.

Another is to use metal-strips instead of one big piece of metal floor.

Another problem is that; after connecting both the juicer and motor by coupling, the base of juicer and motor are getting misaligned (although they both are connected through coupling at the point of the shaft of G.motor) such that; the bottom part of motor is 2 inch BELOW the bottom part of the juicer. Something that occured due to the end stage change in the mounting design of motor when the unit was made.

Any idea??

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United Kingdom - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 662

Re: What Base For Direct Drive Mechanism

08/06/2011 9:45 AM

1" Plywood.
Del

In reply to #1

08/06/2011 5:48 PM

What if plywood get water during washing? will it hold the weight of G.motor and juicer unit? I'll be using small "legs" which will hold the whole structure at different points, will ply wood survive happily with those metallic "legs". one more thing, the motor will exert force all the way till juicer unit that may result in loosening of the screws/bolts attached to the wood, eventually.

Register to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 180

08/06/2011 10:20 AM

Go for the metal strips a simple, sturdy and cheap option. You can do the final alignment with shims.

I hope we get to see photo's of this unit when finished.

In reply to #2

08/06/2011 6:13 PM

yes I'll post but after getting it patent by the Guinness world record publishers.

Now, should the metal strips themselves be connected to each other or should they run parallel to each other like number 11. I just have to tight 4 bolts at the base of motor which can be done on number 11 shape strips.

Another thing, I have to fill the gap of 2inch between the bottom parts of both unit. if I attach strips to the bottom of motor, the juicer will be on air, above 2 inches. The strips wont touch the bottom of juicer, they will each 2inch below it. How to reach that 'air' above; long bolts? whatever, it should be strong to hold heavy weight.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 88

08/06/2011 5:29 PM

Misalignment and hi rev call for elastic (rubber?) coupling. I wouldn't even try otherwise. S.M.

Safety - Hazmat - New Member Safety - ESD - New Member Engineering Fields - Transportation Engineering - New Member Popular Science - Evolution - New Member Technical Fields - Procurement - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member Engineering Fields - Architectural Engineering - New Member Technical Fields - Marketing/Advertising - New Member Engineering Fields - Food Process Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 114

08/06/2011 11:53 PM
Register to Reply
Register to Reply 6 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

bob02 (2); Del the cat (1); Garthh (1); SimpleMind (1); TonyS (1)

Previous in Forum: Pipeline Branch Connections   Next in Forum: I Need A Simple Mechanism

Advertisement