Previous in Forum: Electrical Studies   Next in Forum: Regarding PLS CADD Training
Close
Close
Close
5 comments
Anonymous Poster #1

Online Courses on Heat Transfer and Fluid Machinery

09/12/2011 11:26 AM

I need credits in "Heat and Mass Transfer" and in "Fluid Machinery" to graduate as Mechanical Engineer. Do you know of any university where I can take those courses online? I work in a small town, hours away of my university and can't attend regular classes. There isn't a distance learning program there, but I was told that I can get the credits somewhere else and later transfer them.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Guru
Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 940

Re: online courses on heat transfer and fluid machinery

09/12/2011 11:38 AM

Don't waste your time and money. Contact the the dean, department head, and/or transfer office of the program you are already enrolled in. Find out from them which on line schools and classes, if any, will fulfill the requirements for these two classes. If no classes are known to be suitable, try to get approval for a class to meet the curriculum before you sign up for the class.

Good Answers: 7

Re: Online Courses on Heat Transfer and Fluid Machinery

09/12/2011 10:36 PM

You fail to state where you are.There are reliable distance education facilities in Australia that supply engineering courses all over the world but it is necessary to know what country you are in in order to ascertain whether these courses will satisfy the curriculum needs of your country.

Two of the organisations I refer to are the University of Southern Queensland in Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia; and Monash University at Churchill, Victoria, Australia. Both of these institutions run world wide accredited distance education courses and I can thoroughly recommend them as they were instrumental in allowing me to gain my accreditation. Google them for more information.

I disagree with Red Fred in his assertion to not waste your money or time - there are ethical and accredited learning institutions out there who can assist and making initial enquiry through the membership of CR4 is definitely a good place to start.

Learning by distance education IS hard work, but modern teaching aids (like the internet) have made a huge difference regardless of where you are located.

Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 940
In reply to #2

09/12/2011 11:15 PM

You misunderstand my point. I am in favor of sound, accredited education by any distance. My point is that this student is already matriculated into a program. If this program won't recognize a particular class as meeting their program's criteria then as far as completing the requirements for the degree this class will be a waste of time and money. This student should coordinate with the program and not just take a class with a similar title just because it is available on line. Now if this student wishes to take any class just for the knowledge then there's no problem taking it anywhere with anyone. But the student stated that these two classes are required to complete a degree.

Power-User

Good Answers: 19

09/13/2011 1:26 AM
Reply Good Answer (Score 2)
Power-User

Good Answers: 5

09/13/2011 8:21 AM

I agree with redfred that you should aks your current school dean or adminstrators what online courses will be approved for credit. Then I strongly suggest a google search because there are tons and tons of online courses you can take from highly accredited universites that offer online courses, as well as other sources. It's a matter of matching them with the requirements of your degree program.

I say this because have been inundated by emails and postcards regarding my continuing education requirements to maintain my P.E. license. Online quality education is a reality and there are plenty of sources that are happy to accomodate you.

Reply to Forum Thread 5 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

BigPete (1); bubbapebi (1); pdef (1); redfred (2)

Previous in Forum: Electrical Studies   Next in Forum: Regarding PLS CADD Training

Advertisement