Previous in Forum: Information on the Atlas 5 booster system   Next in Forum: The one thing everyone should learn
Close
Close
Close
3 comments
Guru
United States - Member - New Member Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - Organizer Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Engineering Fields - Nuclear Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 32

Paging Dr. Inkjet

04/06/2005 4:45 PM

The space program gave us Tang, an orange juice substitute of dubious palatability. Inkjet technology may provide a better spinoff, offering a way to mend broken bones.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Power-User
United States - Member - New Member Fans of Old Computers - PDP 11 - New Member Hobbies - HAM Radio - New Member

Good Answers: 8

Who says dubious?!

04/06/2005 5:13 PM

As a Boy Scout in the 60's and 70's, I grew up with Tang on camping trips - it was the first "non Kool-Aid" powdered drink mix.

It's an acquired taste for the sophisticated palate.

Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster

Wow, simply wow

04/07/2005 8:59 AM

This is one of the most interesting things I've read in a while. Everything from the use of an "outdated" technology to the idea of regrowing cells, to the survivability of these cells when exposed to high g forces is astounding. If this can be used effectively, it would be a great medical breakthrough. I wish the article went a little more deeply into testing cell growth. What are the limits of the concept? Will we be able to stimulate regrowth of whole organs?

Register to Reply
The Feature Creep

In reply to #2

Re:Wow, simply wow

04/07/2005 10:29 AM

I know they are going more in the vat grown organs then they are trying to re-grow existing ones. So far they have grown skin for burn victims as well as the world's smallest leather coat. I think it far easier to cultivate something new than to heal something damaged.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); BRodda (1); Steve (1)

Previous in Forum: Information on the Atlas 5 booster system   Next in Forum: The one thing everyone should learn

Advertisement