Previous in Forum: Vacuum ... More or Less?   Next in Forum: 2001 Chevy Cavalier Ignition Problems
Close
Close
Close
9 comments
Participant

Car Accident Detection System and Emergency Position Detecting System

02/26/2012 1:21 AM

Hi everyone , I am working on a new idea on car accident and emergency position detection system.I want to use a GPS to detect the position of the car and a communication module to send a s.o.s massage to local emergencies (and more over to a desired number) mentioning the position after a accident take place.I thought to use a GSM mobile telecommunication module as my communication module .I want to use the existing accident detection sensors for air bag blowing algorithm during car crash to trigger my module to send the s.o.s message with it's position.

Guys I want your views in this context.How much feasible is it ...do you think? Tell me about the market and the existing products for this .

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 1733

Re: Car accident detection system and emergency position detecting system

02/26/2012 1:36 AM

02/26/2012 2:05 AM

Thank you 'SolarEagle' for your reply.....Yeah I meant it....but I have a question ..though those types of technologies is existing ....why it is not available with all the cars throughout the world??can some body tell me what are the constraint and pitfall dose it have so that it is not commercially available in such a level.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 1733
In reply to #2

02/26/2012 3:00 AM
New Zealand - Member - Kiwi Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 376
In reply to #2

02/26/2012 1:50 PM

can some body tell me what are the constraint and pitfall dose it have so that it is not commercially available in such a level.

There is a reason this type of technology is still only available as an 'option' on some cars or a marketing tool for certain vehicle 'models'.

Simple answer - cost. It just isn't economically viable to place on every vehicle given the benefits it would add (and the potential disadvantages such as false positives).

Anonymous Poster #1

02/26/2012 2:17 AM

How would you avoid prosecution for wasting the emergency services' time with false positives?

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 1663

02/26/2012 2:51 AM
Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 774

Re: Car Accident Detection System and Emergency Position Detecting System

02/26/2012 11:34 AM

I don't recall anyone ever having trouble locating their vehicle during a wreck. If its not at the wreck site it probably was not in it to begin with!

The last one I was in placed my car right between the clueless half wit who rear ended me and the pickup in front of me who kept us both from going any further forward.

No fancy electronics or tracking system was needed to figure that out.

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 6)
Associate

Good Answers: 2

02/27/2012 9:36 AM

First, OnStar started selling an aftermarket device last year in the USA. Not sure if it is available/would work elsewhere. I'm sure you could check their website.

Second, I believe you would want it connected to other sensors than just the airbag. This is not my area of expertise, but I don't believe that the airbags deploy in all serious crash scenarios.

Register to Reply
Power-User

02/27/2012 10:54 AM

At the begining there was cost for satellite system recovery cars after robbery, now is not an option: ensurance companies forces you: if you don't accept put it in your car you will pay an extra, same cost if you do.Same could happen with this your invention, so is not matter of technical achievement, key is business proposal, just that.-

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 9 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); ferquiza (1); jack of all trades (1); lyn (1); onneshok (1); polymerfan (1); SolarEagle (2); tcmtech (1)

Previous in Forum: Vacuum ... More or Less?   Next in Forum: 2001 Chevy Cavalier Ignition Problems

Advertisement