Previous in Forum: Controlled Use of Geothermal Energy From Volcanic Lawa   Next in Forum: What is Your Definition of "Green" vs "Sustainable"
Close
Close
Close
7 comments

Conservation

03/03/2012 12:16 PM

i has a bakery and i am spending alot on electrical bills. is there any way can i save some money on my bills with my same daily transaction. can any electrical device or equipment be installed to help me out.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United Kingdom - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 661

Re: conservation

03/03/2012 12:24 PM

Yeah... bypass the meter .
Kris made me say that... terms and conditions apply... illegal activities may be subject to prosecution or electrocution.

Maybe better insulation and turning off unused equipment might help.
Can you bake at night when there is a cheaper tariff?
negotiate with the supplier?
I think most installed devices claiming to reduce your bills are bogus.
Del

Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member

Good Answers: 57

03/03/2012 12:50 PM

Once the oven is heated up, keep it going 24 hours a day. Cook for other vendors, they may find it cheaper to use your ovens than using their own. Other customers coming to your shop to pick up other goods will bring more traffic to your shop. The other vendors may even volunteer to man the ovens to save everybody money.

Heat recovery devices can heat water for you or your neighbors. Don't let heat go to waste.

Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 933

03/03/2012 1:55 PM

The only thing one can install that will always reduce your electric power grid usage is your own source of electric power. This probably will not be cost effective to generate your own power but your money won't go to the electric company. So your only other method is to use less power while doing the same work. I have no idea though if you're this kind of a bakery
or this kind of a bakery

or even this kind of a bakery

Ok, the ancient Egyptian bakery is absurd but I can look up more about this ancient bakery than I can about your bakery. I don't know if your ovens need better insulation or the best you can do is improve your lighting costs. You need somebody to do an on site survey that is not a salesman for a product.

Good Answers: 7
In reply to #3

03/03/2012 6:53 PM

Egyptians had electricity?

Good Answers: 774

03/03/2012 3:00 PM

I dont know if this is how your ovens are set up but years ago I worked at a pasta plant that had what I considered horribly inefficent oven/dryer systems.

They would draw in fresh air from outside heat it with massive water to air heat exchangers driven by huge boilers and then just dump the hot exhaust air out the end of the pasta dryer ovens at the other end of the roof! At times they had -30F air going in and 200+ wet air going out a several tens of thousands of CFM 24/7 for each of the three oven/dryer units.

Just by capturing some of the outgoing thermal energy and reusing it to preheat the inlet air could have saved $1000's a month on the heating bill alone.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Guru

Location: Commissariat de Police, Nouvions, occupied France, 1942.
Good Answers: 76

03/03/2012 4:24 PM

Are you using modern, high efficacy lighting or are you still on those silly 20th-Century tungsten filament bulbs?

Guru

Good Answers: 143

Re: Conservation

03/04/2012 7:21 PM

Can't say where you live, but here in PA, a commercial customer can call up the local electric company, and they will send a rep out to survey the bills and your operation and make recommendations about reducing the bills - things such as pf correction, non-peak hour use, new lights, etc.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Crabtree (1); Del the cat (1); Doggoneit (1); mike k (1); redfred (1); tcmtech (1); TVP45 (1)

Previous in Forum: Controlled Use of Geothermal Energy From Volcanic Lawa   Next in Forum: What is Your Definition of "Green" vs "Sustainable"

Advertisement