Previous in Forum: Is There A Way To Trace A 110V Wire?   Next in Forum: Effect of 380 & 400 Volt Motor on 415 Volt Supply
Close
Close
Close
2 comments
Participant

Wind Curtailment

03/27/2012 10:30 PM

What I understand about wind curtailment is that the wind turbine is being shut down when the wind speed/power exceeds.I am doing simulation for unit commitment problem by using mixed integer linear programming in MATLAB.I have set H = 10 for probability distributions of wind power.Equation (7) is used to transform probability of wind curtailment from probability of wind power (simply saying from figure 1 to figure 2).h and c are used to checked conditions 1, 2 and 3.But I don't know about 'c'. So, I have problem in comparing h and c. Can anyone please suggest me? Thank in advance.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Associate

Good Answers: 5

Re: Wind Curtailment

03/29/2012 11:21 PM

My first problem is that I can't read your diagram. By the time I zoom out to a point that I can read it, the font has gone fuzzy.

My second problem is that, man, are you ever doing it the hard way. I don't have wind power density values or formulas in my head, but the ones I've used don't require such heavy math. Check out Erich Hau's book.

"h" appears to be an arbitrary number you selected for wind speed.

"c" could be either of two things. First, it could be the cut-off speed. The point (= wind speed = output power) at which the utility no longer wants to pay for additional the electricity you're throwing at them. That would explain the h<c, h>c business.

Then again, "c" could be the Weibull scale factor. Try plugging in "2 * (h / sort(pi)" If the math behaves, yup, c = scale factor.

Good luck!

In reply to #1

Re: Wind Curtailment

03/30/2012 1:11 AM

Thank. You are right. But how to calculate out "c" and "h"?

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 2 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Is There A Way To Trace A 110V Wire?   Next in Forum: Effect of 380 & 400 Volt Motor on 415 Volt Supply

Advertisement