Previous in Forum: Adjusting the Amount of Carbon in Induction Furnace   Next in Forum: PWHT Process in High Pressure Piping
Close
Close
Close
Power-User

Good Answers: 4

Aluminiun Piece Annealed

06/30/2012 11:16 PM

I know that in the aeronautical industrie , aluminiun piece are annealed , and to keep it in such state , it shall be kept at low temperature , about -40ºC or ºF for no more than 3 days. I want know which standard cover it , no mater if it is ASTM , or from Europe or from any place.Thanks in advance

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Associate
Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member

Good Answers: 2

Re: Aluminium Piece Annealed

08/24/2012 5:35 PM

All aluminum pieces don't have to be annealed. I work for a company that produces aluminum hose fitting for the aeronautical industry and they are not annealed.

Could you specify the exact aluminum alloy you're using and the exact heat treatment condition you're trying to reach? There are dozens of alloys and dozens of heat treat conditions, and hundreds of combinations of both some possible on some alloys and not others.

This spans many standards and you've not provided enough information.

There is no blanket generic condition aeronautical parts need to be in, this is why the moniker 'aircraft grade aluminum' means absolutely nothing because there are MANY grades of aluminum that can and are used in an aircraft, and various conditions they work in will define the proper alloy and heat treatment for the specific usage.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Adjusting the Amount of Carbon in Induction Furnace   Next in Forum: PWHT Process in High Pressure Piping

Advertisement