Close
Close
Close
42 comments
Guru

Good Answers: 114

Where Are You On The Global Fat Scale?

07/13/2012 1:43 PM

Which country's population are you most like in terms of body fat?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18770328

I am Rwanda

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Good Answers: 1663

Re: Where Are You On The Global Fat Scale?

07/13/2012 1:56 PM

Tajikistan (Тоҷикистон)

There must be a lot of old, fat, out of shape guys there.

Hey, bring me another beer, will ya?

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 774

07/13/2012 5:57 PM

I hate these sort of highly generalized ratings for obesity.They take in absolutely zero account for muscle density, overall body build, and bone structure.

I am 6' 3" and 250# and it says I am at a 31 rating in Tonga however I am not obese fat by any rational measure.

I tall and I have a solid muscle build and heavy bone structure which is typical characteristic of most men with German, Russian, and Scandinavian genetic bases and is easily proved by the simple fact I don't float in normal pool water.

Believe me fat people float very well and I don't float.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Guru

Good Answers: 1663
In reply to #2

07/13/2012 6:18 PM

That's about right.

I ran your numbers again myself, after adjusting for your inflated ego, and it still could only be pushed down to 29.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #3

07/13/2012 6:48 PM

Really? I figured my ego carried more weight than that.

Given its size it must be all fluff then!

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #4

07/13/2012 7:54 PM

In spite of your dislike of these generalized tests, I decided that I must search for one that measures ego, but I must admit failure. I did find an amusing piece on Stephen Wolfram. The revised "About the Author" from his book, "Mathematica". I include the link because he links to a guy who suggested the the "Wolfram" be the unit of ego:

http://chrishecker.com/Kurt_G%C3%B6del_is_Laughing_His_Ass_Off_Right_Now

About the Author

Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica, and a well-known scientist. He is widely regarded as the most important innovator in technical computing today, as well as one of the world's most original research scientists.

Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 12
In reply to #2

07/14/2012 10:47 AM

That is about the best easy way to test your obesity. It is important that you sink with lungs full of air however. If you sink only with lungs empty, you are not lean, you are somewhere in between. The top of my head is still visible, even with lungs empty, unfortunately.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #12

07/14/2012 5:14 PM

Yep the deepest breath I can take still wont get my hair to stay out of the water!

But the wife seems determined to fix this issue though.

She is a good cook and I am a good eater. The best solution I have found to weight control is to simply not have snacks or junk food around the house.

Register to Reply
Guru
Popular Science - Evolution - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

Good Answers: 918

07/13/2012 7:50 PM

I am a #22

Country ==> DR Congo

"If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 26,590,252 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population"

If that happened the Earth would immediately have to start spinning faster to observe the law of conservation of momentum.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 115
In reply to #5

07/14/2012 5:09 PM

Not if removal from each fat person was by way of flencing knife.

Good Answers: 44
In reply to #5

07/18/2012 3:04 PM

Law of Conservation of Mass would say otherwise...

And I am definitely conserving mass

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - DIY Welding - Wannabeabettawelda

Good Answers: 427

07/13/2012 10:39 PM

I nailed this test.

Your numbers

Obesity Index
29bmi BMI is an estimate of how "overweight" or "obese" a person is National Below averageYou have a lower BMI than 52% of males aged 45-59 in your country Global Above averageYou have a higher BMI than 83% of males aged 45-59 in the world

Did you know?

If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would add 65,811,818 tonnes tothe total weight of the world's population

You're most like someone from United States*

* Compared with other males aged 45-59 in United StatesShare your result Share your result

If I don't "swim", I'll sink in salt water never mind the pool, so I'm with TCM on this one.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 59

07/14/2012 12:33 AM

Wow, is that "report" behind the eight ball! It is only 50 or 75 years out of date. For anybody with some gray matter and eyes in the face it is obvious, that your frame and bones matter. bones, muscle, external fat and fat inside around your intestines. Of all, muscles burn calories, external fat is neutral, internal fat is hormonally active in a real bad sense. Work it off, lose it. The rest? Enioy it! Watch your waistline, when you suck it in. That's it. And don't fret the little things, and reporting, where they do no know it from a hole in the ground.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 23

07/14/2012 2:23 AM

BMI 18. Below 92% world male population between 70 and 79 years.

quote: If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 67,988,576 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population. Endquote

Three hours a day on my knees in the garden helps keep me below 92%

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Fans of Old Computers - PDP 11 - New Member Technical Fields - Architecture - New Member Hobbies - HAM Radio - New Member

Good Answers: 70

07/14/2012 8:18 AM

Well as a relative measurement it's a good tool. I started a diet 2 months ago when my weight was 210 and my BMI (by this measure) was 28...I'm down to 195 and my BMI is now 26. My goal is 185lbs...working out every day and a low carb, low sugar diet is what's doing it. I try to run a 3500 calorie deficit every week which would give me around a 1 to 2 lbs weight loss (fat loss) each week. I have a ton more energy now than I did 2 months ago! As a certain Vulcan always said "Live long and prosper"!! I'm trying!

Popular Science - Evolution - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

In reply to #10

07/14/2012 8:54 AM

Excellent! I hope you do!!!

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Engineering Fields - Civil Engineering - New Member United States - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 177

07/14/2012 11:07 AM

Well, isn't this an interesting forum thread! I haven't calculated my BMI lately, but am proud of my weight loss regiment of the past 2.5 years. The heaviest I weighed was 425-ish while bed-ridden due to multiple diabetes complications. I almost lost both legs on 2 separate occasions (damn Vascular Surgeons were a little too fast to start cutting away, so I fired 'em both! ) to chronic diabetic wounds and multiple infections (MRSA, caught while in the hospital of all places!). At the worse portion of my life, my legs were a real mess from my knees downward: like raw hamburger, swollen and puss-laden. I'm now down to 235# and am 5'-7", and FINALLY HEALED. I can walk again and long distances too! No more wheelchairs and walkers. Hell, even the Docs at the VAMC didn't want to touch me nor were able to offer an effective treatment regime. I will never go back there as I was just a number to them all. Frig it!

I almost did the Lap-Band surgery route, but decided against it for a number of reasons. Anyhow, I hate knives and needles + being put "under". I still have another 80# that I want to burn off.....to get down to 155#, my old Army weight. But, that damn belly fat (subcuetaneous) is the worse to get rid of! How I did lose it so far? By adhering to a low carb & high protein diet + lots of good veggies and avoiding fruits, soda and diet soda. I try to limit my daily caloric intake to 1,500 calories & keep an ongoing diet log to track loss and gains & trending. I also try to keep active with lots of yard work and walking my dogs. Also, I drink lots of ice cold water laced with lemon juice.

If you put your mind to it anything is possible! I'm finally off SS Disability after 8 years and back to work and being a productive part of society!

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Fans of Old Computers - PDP 11 - New Member Technical Fields - Architecture - New Member Hobbies - HAM Radio - New Member

Good Answers: 70
In reply to #13

07/14/2012 12:42 PM

A great success story! Congrats!

In reply to #13

07/14/2012 4:43 PM

I have shrunk to 5 foot 7 and am 232 pounds. My army weight was 165 after basic training. 153 before. I would like to be 165 again. My high was 250. Congratulations on your accomplishment! Let's keep in touch and see how we do. I am finding it very hard to lose weight. I was down to 201 two years ago, but gained it back. Lack of discipline is the reason.

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Guru
Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Engineering Fields - Civil Engineering - New Member United States - Member - New Member

In reply to #15

07/14/2012 4:59 PM

Tom & Ron, many thanks for the compliments!

Yes, it's been a long hard road to travel with more to go.

I find the Winter months the worse. Last Fall I had gotten down to 255#, but over this past Winter I regained some weight up to 280#-ish by early March. I had to get real again about the weight loss.....I literally had to come to terms with my newly inherited lousy eating habits and laziness during the cold spell.

Yes, lets keep track of one another's weight losses! A friendly competition of sorts?! LOL

Ron, when did you serve in the Army? MOS? Rank at Separation? We may have crossed paths ya know and ate the same same dirt!

In reply to #16

07/14/2012 5:22 PM

Started out at Ft. Ord Sept. 1962, California at age 17. Had dropped out of high school. Was color blind so they wouldn't let me go infantry. I had wanted to go airborne and special forces. They sent me to medic school in San Antonio, then assigned me to Ft. Jackson, South Carolina for a few months. Then I was, very fortunately, sent to Bad Kreuznach, Germany for 26 months. A very nice tourist town near Frankfurt. A few guys went to Nam from Ft. Jackson. I could have ended up going to Cuba from Ft. Jackson, we were training the Cuban immigrant volunteers. Those three years were the most exciting of my life. Got to see most of Western Europe. A lot of guys started dying in Vietnam about the time I was discharged. Just made Spec 4. My platoon sergeant was a drunk, and didn't like me. Was eligible for OCS, but decided not to stay in.

Let me know more about yourself.

Guru
Panama - Member - New Member Hobbies - CNC - New Member Engineering Fields - Marine Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Retired Engineers / Mentors - New Member

Good Answers: 213
In reply to #19

07/14/2012 6:16 PM

Stared out at Ft. Leonard Wood, MO, 1966, HS graduate, college dropout. Was color blind so they wouldn't let me go infantry. OCS qualified, but, during the processing stage, I was interviewed by a fresh OCS graduate 2nd Lt., and asked myself, "Is this really what I want to be like when I grow up???" Bypassed OCS, finished up Sgt. Went from Ft. Leonard Wood to Ft. Jackson, SC for radio school, on to Ft. Gordon, GA for radio teletype school (air conditioned radio huts are better than back packing a target!). Then on to Bad Kreuznach for a bit of R & R before heading off to Viet Nam, where I spent a couple of glorious years sitting under a palm tree with native girls peeling mangoes for me (well, there WERE a couple of less pleasant incidents, best left in the subconscious memory). Discharged at Ft. Bliss Texas, where I finally finished University before heading off to San Antonio for my first engineering position. Parallel trails?

After a few more stops along the way, I wound up in Panama- the US Government could have saved me a whole lot of wear and tear on this old body had they seen fit to send me to Panama in my Army days...

As to the global fat scale, I seem to have broken it- the calculator won't give me any results. I weigh about 5-10 lbs. less than I weighed when I left basic training. I sure would like to gain that extra 10 lbs back, but NOTHING I do seems to help...

Guru

In reply to #20

07/14/2012 6:29 PM

Sounds like we need a veterans section on CR4. Lots to talk about!

Guru

In reply to #21

07/15/2012 8:23 PM

I'll join although my service was in the Royal Engineers and I only did my mandatory two years, I am not an organization man. I was also stationed in Germany but in the British zone, back in 1957/58. There was a connection with the American military though, we were an air photo unit and once a year a couple of map makers would come to update their maps from our basic air cover. Before they could come, an officer came to check our our barracks and conditions, each time, they were completely beneath American standards so the guys stayed in a hotel and ate their meals off base. On the other hand, our guys were put in the sergeant's mes, they thought it magnificent.

Speaking of our military food, I weighed about 175 when I went in and with bad food and lots of exercise, I was down to 155lbs in six weeks. I went home that week end and my mum was horrified. They had surveyed and tabulated weight norms after WW2, remember that we were all skinny after the depression and WW2 rationing. At their measured height of 5'-8 3/4" (mine was 5'-9"+) my standard weight was 140lbs, since I weighed 181 at that medical they listed me as 41lbs overweight.

If it means anything, I was attached to 2TAF at Munchen-Gladbach, then 1corp at Bielefeld and then Al Arms Training Centre at Sennelager.

I just missed going on the Suez invasion, If I had gone in on the previous intake two weeks before, I would have bypassed trade training and gone straight to the unit with the invading 2Corp.

In reply to #33

07/16/2012 12:23 PM

Good to hear of your service. It was a big job keeping things going well over there. We couldn't have done it without Britain. I hope you enjoyed some of your time in Germany. Sorry it was a lean time for you guys. We did have it good when I was there.

Guru

In reply to #20

07/14/2012 8:30 PM

It just registered that you were actually in Bad Kreuznach. I was in the Hospital Kaserne. I think all the soldiers are out of B.K. now. I used to hike the trail over to Rhinegrafenstein and Bad Muenster.

Guru
Panama - Member - New Member Hobbies - CNC - New Member Engineering Fields - Marine Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Retired Engineers / Mentors - New Member

In reply to #23

07/14/2012 9:05 PM

I was at Rosen Kaserne. Spent some time I did not enjoy in a bed in the Hospital Kaserne. I really enjoyed those trails through the woods, and the occasional random gasthaus in the middle of nowhere suddenly appearing about the time the thirst driver kicked in...Also enjoyed just going down to the Rosen Insel just to enjoy the fresh air blowing through those weird swamp coolers. ruedesheim for Oktoberfest...

PS. It was your reference to Bad Kreuznach that solicited my original response to you...

Guru

Good Answers: 59

07/14/2012 7:31 PM

Congratulations CaptMoosie! That is the ticket!

Keep the weight down. Stay away from HFC, sugars and starches. Sin on occasion and in small amounts. Nobody, who is not a saint can be perfect all times. Nor is it necessary. Optimum BMI, +5-10% is the best, long term studies show. The 5-10% is reserve to ride out an occasional illness without losing too much of your muscles. I am comfortable with that. But I have a beef with gravity: as young my shoulders were wide and my hips narrow. Now too many things slipped south. More work to do.

I recommend on general principles to take daily Multivitamine and Multiminerals. It needs to have Chromium and Vanadium in it to insure better sugar metabolism. They make weight control easier too. Too much loose sugar does a number on you, as you testified. Good breakfast with eggs and protein, more and smaller meals, especially evenings. That requires less insulin. You do not want excessive amounts loose in you.

And you are right with the doctors. I had to learn for myself, when I saw my future and did not like it. Now, I do not remember when I popped a pill, except some help with not enough stomach acid. No big deal.

Register to Reply
Guru

07/15/2012 8:42 AM

Ron and Cwarner, it's nice to know that there's other Vets in here, which I hadn't realized before. Okay, I'm a little younger than you guys and not a Nam-era Vet. I'm now 54. Decided to enlist in the Army instead of going to Architecture School at Syracuse U., following the family tradition of serving our country. Entered July of '76 for a 3-year enlistment stint and did BMT, AIT, and Airborne at Ft. Benning GA (MOS:11B), then off to Ft. Leonard Wood MO to cross-train as a Combat Engineer (21B). after 9 months I got bored of Ft. Bragg and the 82nd Airborne, so I signed up for Ranger School. Back to Benning and that shitty red clay. Hated that place! LOL Made it through RS and was posted to Ft. Stewart GA and later Ft. Lewis WA. Those were the best times during my Active Duty commitment and seeing the world. After 3 years AD I left the Army, deciding to go to college on the Army's dime and joined the US Army Reserve (464th Engineering Btn.). Later, when I was attending RIT for my BSCE I transferred to 98 ID (Training) HQ in Rochester to fulfill my USAR commitment, and upon graduation I qualified for OCS....back to Ft. Benning for OCS! **UGGH!!!!** Following OCS I off to Ft. Stewie again as a freshly minted "Butterbar" to the 2nd Btn./75th Ranger Regiment. Shortly afterwards, participated in the Combat Jump the morning of 25 October '83 at the Pt. Salines Airport on Grenada that the Cuban's were building for Soviet bombers. We were the 2nd "Stick" in. Unfortunately, I was wounded by a lobbed Cuban grenade when we were taking out the Cuban gun emplacements and fortifications on the northern side of the airfield. Medivac to the USS Guam for medical treatment. Following my Medical Leave I rejoined my USAR unit. Did the REFORGER thingy in Bavaria Germany in '85 and later in '87. Had lots of arguments w/ W. German farmers as we tore up their fields with our equipment....had lots of fun drinking bier in Munich with W. German Army Reservists later on leave. Puked my brains out too many times! Man 'O man, can those krauts drink! LOL Received my promotion to Captain and first command in October '89, Co. B/464th Eng. Btn.. Then a year later Saddam invaded tiny Kuwait. I and my Engineering Company (along with 2 Platoons of Co. A) were activated to Active Duty status in early-October of '90, then spent the next 3 weeks at Ft. Erwin CA for Desert Training before shipping out to Saudi Arabia during Desert Shield. We were one of the few USA & USAR Engineering Btn. equipped with the then new M-9 Armored Combat Excavators (ACE), basically a squat armored dozer capable of scooping-up 9 CY of soil in a single pass. I now had a Reinforced Engineering Company under my command for the first time in my life. We married up with our equipment at the Port City of Dhahran (on SA's east coast, near Bahrain) the 2nd week of November '90. Wowsers, those USN Ro-Ro ships are massive and chocked full of equipment! Just amazing what they can do!!!! Eventually, under the cover of the air assault at the start of Desert Storm we road marched northerly up past the King Khalid Military City and then west along the Tapline Road out into vast SA desert, parallel to the Saudi-Iraq border and it's massive twin sand berms. Attached to the 2nd Armored Cav Regiment as a support unit....to breach the Iraqi fortifications and conduct mine clearing for the Cav's M-1A Arbrams MBTs and M-2 Bradleys. During the start of the Ground War of Desert Storm (actually Op. Desert Saber) we breached the berms for the Cav and did the "Hail Mary" run around and helped clobber the Iraqi Republic Guards. Some of my wartime experiences are better left buried back in gray matter, especially when we had to clear the "Highway of Death" between Kuwait City and Basra where the USAF and Coilition air forces clobbered the Iraqi Army bugging out of Kuwait. Following the cease fire until we left the Gulf, we cleared mines in Kuwait and removed unexploded booby traps on oil well heads and in the Kuwati water treatment plants. Arrived CONUS 18 June '91 at Westover AFRB (a C-5B Galaxy base) in central Mass., where my now ex-wife and 2 daughters met me as we de-planed......kiss the concrete after I got off the C-5! Wonderful to be home!!!!! In Nov. of '91 I resigned my Officer's Commission because my X was insistant (marital blackmail basically) that I leave the Army Reserve, even though I had 14 1/2 years in (w/ almost 6 years to go for retirement) and was on the Promotion list for O-4 (Major)....she didn't want the hear it. I'd rather not go into the fighting between us and the later divorce from the B*tch that resulted. Enough said.

In reply to #25

07/15/2012 9:14 AM

Thank you for that story...

And thank you for your excellent service!

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #26

07/15/2012 10:24 AM

AH, your welcome on both accounts. Followed a family tradition (mainly on my mom's side) that we have served our country since the Revolutionary War. My paternal Grandfather, brothers and sister all served in the Army during WWII. My dad served in the Army during the Korean and Viet Nam Wars (3 tours), retiring after 27 years as a Full Col..

Now my only son is serving in the USAF and is currently undergoing Tech School (Security Forces) at Lackland AFB in San Antonio TX. He received Honor Graduate status during BMT. Only the top 10% of Airmen-Basic receive this distinction.....he finished 3rd out of a total of 446 trainees. His next posting after AIT will be at Dyess AFB in Abilene TX, a B-1B Lancer base.....he didn't get his "dream" posting at RAF/USAFE Lakenheath AB in the UK, a F-15C/F-15E base (former F-111F Aardvark base). Man, is he bummed out!

In reply to #25

07/15/2012 9:29 AM

Thanks for sharing your story. You are a real hero. Glad you got to experience Germany. Sorry about the divorce grief, and not getting the 20 years in. I have been there too, but now happily remarried 30 years. The main thing is that you have lived a rich life, just keep it up. Retirement has been my most enjoyable time. Don't know where I found time to earn a living.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #27

07/15/2012 10:46 AM

Ron, your very welcome.

Oh come now, I am no hero, really! I'm only your average American, a Patriot at heart, who served his country. No other distinction needed, like other millions of Americans throughout the years.

Yeah, the divorce was a bad ass time and took a protracted 5 years (thanks New York State too!) because my X, T-Rex, fought me on all avenues of approach. looking back, I should had filed for divorce 7 years earlier after her martial blackmail in the fall of '91 after returning from DS: "Either leave the Army or I leave with the kids". It was pure BS....and get this, she was a Navy Brat and hated me being in the military! Weird, because she knew what she was getting into before I married her back in '84. Labeling her a control freak is putting it mildly. And Prozac still doesn't help her after all these years! LOL

I'm still hurting about not getting in my 20 years.....I was on the promotion Fast Track and rising up the US Army corporate ladder, so to speak. There were very few real degreed engineers in our USAR Engineering Battalion, let alone in the 98th Inf. Division (Training). Boy, did I ever catch hell from my Btn. CO when I put in for separation! Chit literally hit the fan! They were fixing me to be the next Battalion S-3......real bummer! After all that time and effort and putting my ass on the line for the betterment of my family and she pulls that sort of crap! Pardon me while I go and bang my freaking skull repeatedly on the wall for a few minutes....!

Sorry to hear that you had to go through that crappola as well. Glad you also found someone and are happy as a clam!

I did remarry, to a wonderful redhead RN. We've been happily married now for almost 10 years! On July 27th we'll be celebrating!!!!

I don't think I'll ever retire. Hells bells, I just started working for myself for the first time in my career after forming a Professional Corporation for my consulting firm!

In reply to #25

07/15/2012 10:46 AM

Wonderful story- Desert Storm was fought the way a war should be fought- in, get the mission done, out. During those days I was involved with designing navigation equipment- that particular action was a very important test bed for some of the systems I was involved with (a couple of really spectacular technological advances that I wasn't involved with)...

I, too, was following family tradition, but can only trace it back to the Spanish American war- we had every war covered through Viet Nam. Family cometary is the Military Cometary in Santa Monica, California...

PS. There was a time in the not too distant past where owning up to being a veteran was liable to get one involved in an altercation...Things seemed to have improved a bit along those lines.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #31

07/15/2012 11:17 AM

cwarner, I have to agree with you there that Desert Storm was the way a war should be fought by the USA....the Land-air-Sea Battle Doctrine was perfectly implemented by the Generals and Admirals that were 'Nam Vets....from lessons learned, the hard way! Thank God we had Colin Powell and "Stormin Norman" Schwartzkopf with their brilliant planning and execution w/o political armchair general knee-jerking!

Thank goodness that there were GPS units available on the open market because there was a huge shortage in the Army's inventory at the time. I purchased several Trimble GPS Units for my Platoon Leaders before our deployment. the SA and Iraqi deserts are vast and featureless....a damn compass and map are nearly useless there for pinpointing your and the enemy's positions, especially if you had to call in a Close Air Support (CAS) strike or call "Artie".....During our overrun of the Iraqi Tallil AB (located about 20 klicks southwest of the city of An Nasiriyah) I had to personally call in A-10 and F-16 CAS. Now, without those Trimbles we would have been in deep do-do.

Good Answers: 32

07/15/2012 10:14 AM

I am a big, fat and hairy Argentinian! Who knew???

Good Answers: 165

07/16/2012 3:16 PM

Well the guys where I work say it would "take two of me to make a shadow" (6' 145lbs), and apparently that website agrees.

Your numbers

Obesity Index
20bmi BMI is an estimate of how "overweight" or "obese" a person is National Below averageYou have a lower BMI than 97% of males aged 45-59 in your country Global Below averageYou have a lower BMI than 86% of males aged 45-59 in the world

Did you know?

If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 49,062,810 tonnes fromthe total weight of the world's population

You're most like someone from Bangladesh*

* Compared with other males aged 45-59 in BangladeshShare your result Share your result

In reply to #35

07/16/2012 3:35 PM

If you take that to 6'2" at 140 lbs, you break the web site...

Guru

Good Answers: 165
In reply to #36

07/17/2012 5:44 PM

I tried it with those numbers, using Panama, male & 60. It came back Bangladesh. But the website is very slow to respond. The first time I tried it, I thought it was broke too.

In reply to #40

07/18/2012 1:46 AM

Bangladesh sounds about right, from what others have come up with. I never did get it to respond to my input, however...Maybe my browser is broken, or maybe my Internet connection is too slow...

Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Netherlands - Member - New Member Fans of Old Computers - Commodore 64 - New Member

Good Answers: 38

07/16/2012 10:19 PM

with a BMI of 33 i seem to be fro micronesia

Good Answers: 19

07/17/2012 12:13 PM

Nigeria

Register to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member United States - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 30

07/17/2012 12:34 PM

Singapore, with a BMI of 23. I'd still like to loose about 10-15 to get back into my high-school wardrobe (of 30 years ago!).

Tom D.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 42 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Hero (3); bioramani (1); Brave Sir Robin (1); CaptMoosie (6); cuba_pete (1); cwarner7_11 (5); Epke (1); HUX (1); Kilowatt0 (2); Kris (1); leveles (2); lyn (2); not so smart (1); passingtongreen (2); ronwagn (7); tcmtech (3); tdesmit (1); Tom_Consulting (2)

Previous in Forum: High Tech Autos   Next in Forum: Koken Piston Extraction

Advertisement