Previous in Forum: Manufacturer of die casting products /Supplier of aerospace industry   Next in Forum: Sky Fun Airplane
Close
Close
Close
Guru
Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 444

NASA’s Incredible Unsung Sensors

10/07/2012 8:15 PM

Here's an interesting slideshow of some of NASA's instrumentation that you probably won't find in your typical process plant:

http://www.edn.com/design/sensors/4397296/Slideshow--NASA-s-incredible-unsung-sensors?page=1

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 40

Re: NASA’s Incredible Unsung Sensors

10/09/2012 3:23 PM

"Wow"... it took *nasa* to develop a "Child Presence Sensor" that senses when a small child is left behind in a car ... ?

..." inspired by aircraft flight test technology (they) developed the CPS that 'senses' when a small child is left behind in a car or booster seat when the driver has left the car.... through communication between the car seat and a key fob ~ whenever the distance is close, it maintains communication and doesn't alarm. If the driver leaves the vehicle, communication stops and an alarm sounds."

Granted, NASA does some extraordinary work. But, with ALL that they have YET to do, I would think that one of the bigger auto manufacturers would have been happy to work with child-car-seat manufacturers to develop this product....affording the NASA team that worked on it the time to develop something more 'mission-specific'.

Not trying to be cynical ... the OTHER projects seem 'worthy-enough'. ... (perhaps they needed "something to do"...) Sorry; that one just hit me like a boomerang...

Reply to Forum Thread
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Manufacturer of die casting products /Supplier of aerospace industry   Next in Forum: Sky Fun Airplane

Advertisement