Previous in Forum: Dr. My Eyes..........   Next in Forum: VB Code to Change Picture (Straight Line) Color in Excel
Close
Close
Close
Participant

Wind Energy Software

02/21/2013 8:11 AM

I am researching the Wind Energy software market. I am very interested in getting your views in the area:

To start with:

• What specific software tools have you used that you find most valuable? Why?

• What specific software tools have you used that you find least valuable? Why?

Thank you and looking forward to your posts or emails!

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: Energy software wind
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
New Zealand - Member - Kiwi Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 376

Re: Wind Energy Software

02/21/2013 1:44 PM

I have found Microsoft Visio to be quite helpful.

Technically not a wind energy software package until I explain that I had to use it to try and explain and illustrate with pictures to an electrical consultancy why their wind farm short circuit calculations were wrong because the wind turbines also act as variable output GENERATORS in the event of a cable fault and also have to be taken into account.

So the moral of the story here is a fancy software package is no substitute for experience, common sense and bad data. Garbage in, garbage out.

Just a personal experience from the real world for you.

Jack - Works on wind farms

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!

Previous in Forum: Dr. My Eyes..........   Next in Forum: VB Code to Change Picture (Straight Line) Color in Excel

Advertisement