Previous in Forum: What Did You Learn That Stuck With You?   Next in Forum: Retired Electronic Engineer on Core Curriculum
Close
Close
Close
3 comments
Associate

Location: I am located in Phoenix Arizona, where i fully recognize the Public School resistance

Memories of Sprague Electric

03/13/2013 2:36 PM

There are no coincidence

Born in June 26,1931 in the North Adams Hospital, I met my Mother _in Law, Annie Cronin. She came to North Adams with Lewis Cronin and Sprague Electric. He was the origional Superitendant at Brown Street. Many years later I was transfered to Withita Falls Texas to be plant superintendant of the temporary location mill with three foot walls to set up manufacture of IBM resistor/capacitor circuits. I enjoyed reading Steve's description four part description!

I am presently retired from Burr Brown Research Corporation and attempting to make an desparately needed impact on Public Education. I will be encourageing discussion in this area. As a Crossing Guard, I will be using the pen name "Mr. Larry" as given me by my crossing parents.

Mr. Larry Hobson

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
United States - Member - Lifelong New Yorker Popular Science - Biology - Animal Science Technical Fields - Technical Writing - Technical Writer

Good Answers: 59

Re: Memories of Sprague Electric

03/13/2013 3:08 PM

Welcome to CR4, Larry! Glad to hear you enjoyed Steve's piece on Sprague Electric.

Register to Reply
Guru
New Zealand - Member - Kiwi Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 376

03/13/2013 3:14 PM

Welcome.

Location: I am located in Phoenix Arizona, where i fully recognize the Public School resistance
In reply to #2

03/13/2013 5:12 PM

Hi Jack,

One of our most fond cruse was from Acklund New Zealand back to Los Angeles. We particularly enjoyed Bay of Islands. I got a kick out of seeing streets named "Hobson".

I understand Hobson's Choice was taken from a livery new to the University. All the horses were not getting equal exercise so Hobson exercised picking the horse was Hobson's choice - no choice at all. Thanks for the welcome

Mr. Larry

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

jack of all trades (1); Larry hobson (1); SavvyExacta (1)

Previous in Forum: What Did You Learn That Stuck With You?   Next in Forum: Retired Electronic Engineer on Core Curriculum

Advertisement