Previous in Forum: Opening in Weld Joint of a Category Weld (Dish and End L Seam)   Next in Forum: Nominal Thickness
Close
Close
Close
3 comments
Active Contributor

Electrode/Filler Wire Selection for P-45 (Duplex)

06/07/2013 9:54 PM

in WPS prepared and approved in my last project in SAUDI Jubail for Duplex :ASTM B366(UNS NO:N08825)42Ni-21.5Cr-3Mo-2.3Cu, it is found that the chemical composition analysis for the filler wire(AWS 5.14 ER NiCrMo-3)/electrode(AWS 5.11:ENiCrMo-3)/ is as such: nickle 64.4 chromium:22.27 molybdenum:8.72 copper:0.01 for AWS A5.14 ,and it is the same case as for filler wire here is my question why the electrode/filler wire nickle composition is way too higher than that in basemetal nearly by 30%.

if it is a method to guarantee enough nickle especially in welds , is it wastefully unneccessary ,and in this case can we replace this electrode/filler wire with one of equal nickle value, and in similar case what determines the electrode/filler wire selection

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Re: Electrode/Filler Wire Selection for P-45 (Duplex)

08/12/2013 1:24 PM

I don't know why ERNiCrMo-3 was selected to weld alloy 825. My welding software WeldPulse is suggesting ERNiFeCr-1 which matches exactly with the composition of Incoloy 825. However, it is recommending the same wire (ERNiFeCr-1) for filling /capping also. Looks like there is no matching electrode. May be for that matter, ER/ENiCrMo-3 were considered.

Register to Reply
Active Contributor

In reply to #1

08/13/2013 9:07 AM

hi since these posted pictures are not clear, would you please send these 2 snapshots with readible definition to my email box ankyxia06@gmail.com so i can obtain more info regarding the chemical compositon of ERNiFeCr-1 ,and by the way how can i get this software WeldPulse?

In reply to #2

08/13/2013 11:48 AM

I have emailed you the pictures on your email.

You can get weldpulse through their website: http://www.weldpulse.com

Birken

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 3 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Opening in Weld Joint of a Category Weld (Dish and End L Seam)   Next in Forum: Nominal Thickness

Advertisement