Previous in Forum: System for Enhancing Energy   Next in Forum: Saving Energy on Big Slip-Ring Motors Using Recovery Systems
Close
Close
Close
6 comments
Participant

Incomer of ATS

05/06/2014 2:26 PM

hi all,

i have three incoming supply which is utility, generator and solar battery...and i want to feed these thrice incoming supply of one busbar so how to set ats on these condition....

and i want to run busbar from utility and generator is first priority....if utility is not available neither generator have fuel to start in this condition i want to take solar panel battery supply....

pls give me suggestion..

thanks advance

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: ATS
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Anonymous Poster #1

Re: Incomer of ATS

05/06/2014 3:12 PM
Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 1666

05/06/2014 3:14 PM

Try a search:

Automatic Load Transfer Switch(ATS) for Solar Power ...

Register to Reply
Commentator

Good Answers: 2

05/07/2014 3:27 AM

mateen, as I read your posting you want to parallel the three supplies onto one bus bar simultaneously, is that correct? If so LOOK OUT.......how are you going to phase the ac supplies in? And the dc from the battery?

Register to Reply
Commentator

Location: KCM, chingola; copperbelt; zambia; southern africa.

05/07/2014 4:30 AM

i cant pick any sense from your statement, but the question is what a hell do you want to do? its like you want to live on mars, saturn and earth at the same time

Good Answers: 102

05/07/2014 8:00 AM

Solar battery? Do you mean AC supply from an inverter connected to a solar power battery bank?

You must or your aim is senseless.

If it is as I guess, then use qty2 2 way ATS. The first switches between utility and genset with normal ATS logic the second switches between the first ATS load side and the inverter then onto your bus on its load side. You need to have a longer switching dwell time on the second ATS to prevent nuisance switching when your utility goes down and the genset hasn't run up to speed and been switched to load by the the first ATS.

Otherwise get a three way ATS and set the controller up per the instructions on the can.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (2); beentheredonethat (1); DmanEng (1); lyn (1); Wal (1)

Previous in Forum: System for Enhancing Energy   Next in Forum: Saving Energy on Big Slip-Ring Motors Using Recovery Systems

Advertisement