Previous in Forum: Reminiscing About The Warthog   Next in Forum: FIR FIM Swash and Concentricity
Close
Close
Close
10 comments
Participant

Temperature Profile on a Cooling Fin

05/06/2018 5:10 AM

Hi Guys my file on the temperature profile for my cooling files is corrupt, does anyone know a good method from a paper or book that I could use to rebuild my spreadsheet

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 926

Re: Temperature Profile on a Cooling Fin ASAP

05/06/2018 10:12 AM

Sorry but as stated your question is so generic that I can only offer a link to fin efficiency cooling.

In reply to #1

05/06/2018 10:25 AM

Hi what i mean in more detail is a high a cooling fin based on a electric motor in an EDF, what i am looking for is how to calculate the heat transfer co-efficient of the fin from forced convection, what the temperature change of the air would be from start to finish of the fin. Also the temperture gradient on the fin but i think i can use this method https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZlrouPTKzg

Anonymous Poster #1
In reply to #2

05/08/2018 4:13 AM
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 811

05/06/2018 4:05 PM

The abbreviation <...ASAP...> is totally meaningless, because everything happens As Soon As Possible.

Good Answers: 7
In reply to #3

05/07/2018 3:43 AM

Is that so? Prove it!

Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
In reply to #5

05/08/2018 4:08 AM

Will do, ASAP.

Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 926
In reply to #3

05/07/2018 7:55 AM

I agree, "ASAP" is an inaccurate acronym because some people believe P stands for Possible while others believe P stands for Practical or Permitted. Each word choice produces a different level of urgency.

Good Answers: 1661
In reply to #6

05/07/2018 11:34 AM

ASAP is only useful if the person to whom you are making the request reports directly to you.

Guru

In reply to #7

05/08/2018 4:11 AM

See #5⇑.

Good Answers: 1661

05/06/2018 6:28 PM
Reply to Forum Thread 10 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); cwhittaker3504 (1); lyn (2); PWSlack (3); redfred (2); Zvi (1)

Previous in Forum: Reminiscing About The Warthog   Next in Forum: FIR FIM Swash and Concentricity

Advertisement