Previous in Forum: Skype - Ruined, For What Reason?   Next in Forum: How is a BXWQ8526 Visual Application List?
Close
Close
Close
5 comments
Power-User

PC to PC Communication Link

07/14/2018 2:24 AM

Dear Sir,

We job one job set industrial computer which is connected machine intranet LAN & this LAN also connected with our company LAN through VPN Device.

We have another server which name is Kiwi Server which is also connected with our company network. This server require some data from job set computer & we have already map one folder in this computer where kiwi server can send/receive data.

Actual issue is kiwi server & machine VPN are two different companies, machine supplier can’t give permission to kiwi company to access/use their VPN because there are much devices are working with that intranet that’s why we have configured job set computer 2nd Ethernet port to connect company LAN where kiwi server also connected & they will send/receive data accordingly but when we connect company LAN cable with job set computer that computer restarting again & again without any reason. Please help me about happening & how resolve this issue?

Please check below connection structure

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Guru

Good Answers: 1722

Re: PC to PC Communication Link

07/14/2018 9:41 AM

"-Check all hardware connections inside your case.
-Make a clear CMOS in order to reset the bios settings.
-Check your PSU
-Check your mobo (bad caps tend to do that kind of issues).
-Check your HDD.
-And the list goes on and on"...

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2017841/restarting-continuously-time-bios-screen.html

Guru

Good Answers: 30

07/15/2018 8:34 AM

The problem lies in your use of the VPN device. A VPN is essentially a way of connecting a network in one physical location with another network in another physical location, in a secure fashion. As an example I might connect my domestic network to my workplace network through a VPN tunnel.

The use of a VPN does not seem appropriate here. Your diagram shows that the Job Set PC is connected to the company LAN, which is served by the Kiwi server. The company LAN also connects to the top end of your VPN device. One of the machines connected to the bottom end of that device is your Job Set PC, which means that that machine is connected to both ends of your VPN device, and I'm not surprised that it gets confused.

You could perhaps help us by redrawing the diagram, to make it clear whether the "machine intranet" is in fact a LAN which is totally separate from the company LAN, and, if so, on which LAN the Kiwi server is based. At the moment it looks to me as if the "VPN secure device" is in fact a router, and you have a conflict between that router and the Kiwi server as to which is setting the addresses for the individual machines on the LAN

Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 2)
Power-User

In reply to #2

08/03/2018 8:03 AM

Dear Sir,

I am sorry i unable to explained what i mean, please check below network diagram picture which is more clear as compare with old.

I hope you will advise me in this regard,

Good Answers: 30
In reply to #3

08/03/2018 9:55 AM

Your yellow box is not a complete intranet. An intranet requires a means of assigning addresses to each device in that net, i.e. it requires a router rather than a simple switch. If you replace that switch with a router and remove the red link between the Job Set PC and the company router you will have a complete intranet with the Job Set PC within the intranet. The Job Set PC can still access the Kiwi Server through the VPN tunnel.

If you were hoping that the main company router would administer address assignments through the VPN tunnel, then no, it will not.

What is not clear is why you want a VPN tunnel at all. If there is the possibility of connecting the company router directly to the Job Set PC then the company devices and the yellow box devices are in geographical proximity anyway, and the whole lot can operate on the company router.

Register to Reply
Participant

03/19/2019 11:39 PM

Great blog! I appreciate the efforts you made when writing this article. I hope the best work from you in the future is good. I want to thank you for this site! Thanks for sharing.

fnaf

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 5 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

ahmadarshad (1); minion (1); phph001 (2); SolarEagle (1)

Previous in Forum: Skype - Ruined, For What Reason?   Next in Forum: How is a BXWQ8526 Visual Application List?

Advertisement