Previous in Forum: What is the Best Place to Find People Interested in Technical Collaboration Online?   Next in Forum: Who Knew this Bloke had a Doctorate in Astrophysics?
Close
Close
Close
5 comments
Guru

Good Answers: 1662

Bye Bye Voyager II

12/10/2018 6:44 PM
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Active Contributor

Re: Bye Bye Voyager II

12/13/2018 1:27 AM

Bon Voyage, I am so excited about what the future holds.

Guru
Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 936

12/20/2018 11:04 AM

It will be interesting to hear whatever they can learn about interstellar space.

On an engineering note, kudos to the Jet Propulsion Lab and NASA engineers for building this probe that has provided more than 40 years of unique data.

Good Answers: 2
In reply to #2

12/31/2018 4:21 PM

JPL NASA , and don't forget Star Trek (veeger lives on screen), and Chuck Berry sings on as a gravitational wave.

Good Answers: 144

12/31/2018 6:38 PM

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm really looking forward to the New horizons spacecraft sending back some pictures that it may be taking right now? of Ultima Thule. (A 20 mile long peanut)

I understand it will be much closer than it was when it zipped past Pluto and what a show that turned out to be.

A great way to ring in the New year..

..and a hat.. er toast.. off hic. to the programmers responsible for getting the camera pointed in the right direction at the right time.

Good Answers: 31

01/08/2019 10:34 PM

As Voyager II leaves the solar magnetopause will it be able to sense a glactic magnetic field if it exists? Did it have a sensitive magnetometer on board?
I wonder what the relative angle of sol dipolar field and galactic dipolar field if such a field exists at measurable levels?
I wonder what the angular relationship is between Earths dipolar field and Sol dipolar field? Is it repusive? Attractive? What is the relative latudinal angle of the two magnetic fields. Is it the same as the angle between the rotational axes of the two bodies?

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Gavilan (1); JE in Chicago (1); joynhappiness (1); munch (1); redfred (1)

Previous in Forum: What is the Best Place to Find People Interested in Technical Collaboration Online?   Next in Forum: Who Knew this Bloke had a Doctorate in Astrophysics?

Advertisement