Previous in Forum: Dirty Electricity Filters   Next in Forum: Selection of an Encoder Signal Amplifier
Close
Close
Close
4 comments
Associate

Stability Test

08/29/2021 12:05 AM

Dear all

can we do generator stability test like a transformer a transformer stability test

and what is the procedure.

thanks

Login to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: stability test
Interested in this discussion?
You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Location: About 4000 miles from the center of the earth (+/-100 mi)
Good Answers: 994

Re: stability test

08/29/2021 6:54 AM
Login to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Guru

Good Answers: 67

Re: Stability Test

08/30/2021 9:07 PM

I understand power system stability analysis, where you model your components and then apply various upsets to see what might be the limiting conditions for the equipment connections. The model for the generator & prime mover is especially complex and detailed, since both voltage & frequency are influenced, as Rixter has responded.

However, I have never heard of a transformer stability test, with some 40 odd years in and around power systems analysis, so I suspect that maybe we have a language disconnect. Maybe if you cited the reference for the transformer stability test, we could come up with the parallel for the generator test.

Login to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 111

08/31/2021 6:28 AM

Did you intend :-

Transformer regulation test?

or maybe :-

Automatic transformer tap-changer stability test?

Login to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Power-User

Good Answers: 17

09/01/2021 12:22 AM

I suppose you are referring to generator differential protection stability check at site, part of generator commissioning!

If yes, the stability test can be done in the same way as that for transformer by applying low voltage.

The voltage magnitude is decided after estimating the expected current that will flow with the given impedance of the generator windings.

Interested in this discussion?
You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

67model (1); raghun (1); Rixter (1); rwilliams (1)

Previous in Forum: Dirty Electricity Filters   Next in Forum: Selection of an Encoder Signal Amplifier

Advertisement