Previous in Forum: Wattmetric Relay/Torque Limiter emi 365w in Overhead Crane   Next in Forum: Stability Test
Close
Close
Close
8 comments
Participant

Dirty Electricity Filters

08/28/2021 2:55 PM

Do devices like this https://saticshield.com/products/#power-perfect-wire-in actually do anything that's beneficial? At the price seems like a scam.

Login to Reply
Interested in this discussion?
You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Location: About 4000 miles from the center of the earth (+/-100 mi)
Good Answers: 994

Re: Dirty electricity filters

08/28/2021 3:54 PM

Probably beneficial to the folks selling them...

Login to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Participant

In reply to #1

08/28/2021 4:28 PM

No doubt.

Login to Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Guru

Location: About 4000 miles from the center of the earth (+/-100 mi)
Good Answers: 994
In reply to #1

08/31/2021 2:34 PM

So, can you clean dirty electricity filters, or do you have to replace them?

Login to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 913
In reply to #7

08/31/2021 2:40 PM

With the Ronco pocket shop vacuum, you can clean anything even underwater!

RIP Ron Popeil

Guru

Good Answers: 1665

08/28/2021 6:13 PM

I wouldn't call it a scam, they sell the products ok, so you get what you pay for, the question more appropriately in my mind is are these helpful in some way, I would say no, you have to buy into the whole is EMF dangerous in some way thing...and it's not as far as we know...at least not at the typical strength and frequencies that your average person is exposed to in a residential setting...some people(crazy people) would disagree, so these products are for them...now, if you are a true believer, then you need to go out deep in the wilderness and build or buy yourself a proper Faraday cage to live in...

Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 913

08/29/2021 12:03 PM

I agree with your initial impression, this sounds like a scam.

At first, I thought you were referring to an EMI filter that goes between a power supply and the mains power. Most of these are designed to smooth out the high-frequency harmonics a switching power supply can put on mains power. This is helpful to the infrastructure of the grid to reduce eddy current self-heating of transformers and reducing possible interference signals carried on the grid power lines. Some EMI filters are designed to filter harmonics from reaching a power supply when the circuitry downstream of the power supply is very sensitive to those signals.

An EMI filter does work but your link seems more link a scammer claiming inappropriate improvements from misapplied parts. In particular, the boxes and conduit couplers are plastic. Plastic does not shield electromagnetic signals. Thus the dirty electricity wiring can couple to the clean electricity wiring.

Good Answers: 12
In reply to #4

08/30/2021 5:01 AM

Agreed. Just this quote: "We have a complete line of plug-in and wire-in filters designed to clean electrical service, increase the life span of everything within its sphere (biological and electrical) of influence, save money and the planet."

Saving the planet - you cannot accuse them of not being ambitious! And it will increase the lifespan of everything, neat, I'll take two then! Sorry, sarcasm does not suit me.

Login to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 272

Re: Dirty Electricity Filters

08/30/2021 6:29 AM

All the units are rated at 15A, so, that's good for one socket in your home. I don't see anywhere a spec. that tells you what happens when you exceed the 15A.

Mains filters certainly have their uses especially to protect sensitive equipment (stuff whose accuracy will be affected by noisy mains), but $14 seems more resonable:-

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Filter-Terminal-performance-CW4L2-20A-T/dp/B07WZSS16T/ref=sr_1_25_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=electrical+main+filter&qid=1630318932&sr=8-25-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExSU8yUjNRNjNSTjkwJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTQwMzg4MjFXM0VMSVVSUFdRMyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTc3NTMzMTdBUkpDNlk0R1daSiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX210ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Interested in this discussion?
You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

gideon (1); Joacchim (1); Randall (1); redfred (2); Rixter (2); SolarEagle (1)

Previous in Forum: Wattmetric Relay/Torque Limiter emi 365w in Overhead Crane   Next in Forum: Stability Test

Advertisement