Previous in Forum: Protection Relay   Next in Forum: Dirty Electricity Filters
Close
Close
Close
5 comments
Associate

Wattmetric Relay/Torque Limiter emi 365w in Overhead Crane

08/25/2021 4:45 PM

Have problem with Wattmetric relay/ torque limiter emi 365w in overhead crane. When the overhead crane is on no load it works fine but when a load greater than 6 ton is lifted the hoist motor trips.

Can any body suggest me the solution and also how to calibrate italkrane emi 365-w.

I am attaching the picture for the relay and the calibrator. Please help me find the details about the relay, calibrator and the procedure to calibrate it.

Login to Reply
Interested in this discussion?
You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.
Guru

Good Answers: 1665

Re: Wattmetric relay/ torque limiter emi 365w in overhead crane

08/25/2021 5:32 PM

Are you sure the control is not functioning properly? Perhaps the motor or pump is failing...what tests have been run?

https://www.italkrane.it/en/download/

http://www.iklifting.co.uk/pdfs/Italkrane%20Electric%20Chain%20Hoist%20Operation%20Manual.pdf

Good Answers: 67

08/26/2021 12:26 AM

You need to know the motor & hoist nameplate ratings, the voltage, the current, and the relative instantaneous polarity between the current and voltage sensing connections, detailed wiring diagram of the hoist. This is needed to measure power, which this device appears to do. It is likely if it was installed properly and set for the gear reduction and winch/cable type, you may have the wrong polarity for the voltage sensing, which could be as simple as swapping the two leads. However, you need to confirm the installation details. Also, you may need to confirm that the hoist mechanical capability is not less than the torque capability of the motor. You also may want to mention the rating of the hoist, to give us a clue.

Login to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 808

08/26/2021 4:28 AM

<...Can any body suggest...the solution and also how to calibrate italkrane emi 365-w....>

Yes. Give these people a call.

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.

Re: Wattmetric Relay/Torque Limiter emi 365w in Overhead Crane

08/26/2021 5:15 AM

Where is the instruction manual that was supplied with it?

Re: Wattmetric Relay/Torque Limiter emi 365w in Overhead Crane

08/27/2021 10:00 AM

<...any body...>

...or how about these people?

Interested in this discussion?
You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

PWSlack (3); rwilliams (1); SolarEagle (1)

Previous in Forum: Protection Relay   Next in Forum: Dirty Electricity Filters

Advertisement