Close
Close
Close
7 comments
Guru

Good Answers: 240

Measure, then Control

09/17/2021 8:00 AM

If you want to control an existing process,you must first measure it to obtain data,then the next step is control.

First it is mice,then men.

Check this out:https://futurism.com/neoscope/chips-human-brain-neurograins

Evaluate,then control.

Boil the milk slowly and the frog will not jump out.

First it is mice,then humans.

"I bring the news from "D" street,and the news is not good."

You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.
Guru

Location: About 4000 miles from the center of the earth (+/-100 mi)
Good Answers: 999

Re: Mearure,the control

09/17/2021 9:53 AM

A big no thanks on the chips. What happens in my brain stays in my brain until I examine it carefully to determine that it is harmless.

And if they are trying to control my thoughts, that would be much worse than television is now.

Login to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 916

Re: Measure, then Control

09/17/2021 1:48 PM

This annoys me.

These "researchers" acknowledge that they don't know what to measure or how to analyze what they will find but they want to modify what they find to make it "better."

When science fiction authors incorporate mind control they invariably point out the greater harm it causes for negligible good. "A Clockwork Orange" by Anthony Burgess is one example of many. The myths about hypnosis also come to my mind.

I'm all for finding out how our brains form a mind. I applauded research for enabling the disabled.

Don't claim you can fix what you don't understand. That reeks of the horrors of eugenics.

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 402
In reply to #2

09/18/2021 8:44 PM

One thing about science fiction writers, is that professionally, a good number of them are scientists, engineers and physicists themselves, who take their professional work, and give it a twist as an inside source for entertainment as writers.

Good Answers: 14

09/18/2021 2:41 AM

It's a sort of Russian Roulette...

Location: Under the spreading Bunya Trees, South Burnett, Queensland, Australia
Good Answers: 48

09/18/2021 3:41 AM

Brilliant, and they thought Covid was a bad virus, imagine walking near a power substation and triggering all the transmitters at once, the mind boggles.

Pick up a virus in the computer chips and more running amok would be fun to watch.

Good Answers: 6

09/18/2021 4:53 AM

The mind could go crazy speculating on that. However, remember, "there's nothing new under the sun".

Login to Reply
Power-User

Good Answers: 13

09/18/2021 2:04 PM

I suspect this is how the Borg got their start. First enhancements to make life better and easier, and then the nanobots to build structures within the body and brain and then...well just say some enhancements were deemed better for some and not others and then... "resistance is futile"!

Login to Reply
Login to Reply 7 comments
Interested in this discussion?
You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

PAPADOC (1); phoenix911 (1); Qqberci (1); R_i_c_h (1); redfred (1); Rixter (1); Stef (1)

Previous in Forum: Cool New Flying Car   Next in Forum: Sky Cool Cooling Panels

Advertisement