Previous in Forum: Car radiator, heater core or something else for greenhouse?   Next in Forum: Inverted Spillway on a Lake
Close
Close
Close
7 comments
Guru

Good Answers: 1663

Egg Whites to Filter liquids

11/07/2022 11:18 AM

No, I'm not dead, yet.

I thought this was interesting.

Learn more here: More

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 1744

Re: Egg Whites to Filter liquids

11/07/2022 12:47 PM

How many eggs will we need to cover the Pacific Gyre? Remember the more chickens you have, the less eggs you need....

...and the bigger your chickens are, well, the less chickens you need....

Location: About 4000 miles from the center of the earth (+/-100 mi)
Good Answers: 1046

11/07/2022 3:56 PM

So, my question is "Can they be flushed and reused, or do you have to discard them after use?".

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 1744

11/07/2022 4:55 PM

https://www.nano.cnr.it/ultra-light-aerogels-derived-from-egg-white/

This type of filter is not likely to be flushable or reusable...like activated carbon differential pressure across the filter is monitored, when the differential pressure reaches a certain level, it's time for a new filter....

Popular Science - Cosmology - Let's keep knowledge expanding Engineering Fields - Retired Engineers / Mentors -

Good Answers: 104

11/08/2022 12:56 AM

That answered the question.

Location: Newtongrange (10 miles from Edinburgh, Scotland, UK (1,000,000 miles from the real world)

11/08/2022 3:41 AM

This as a fascinating development. The only thing I find curious is the surprise; the proteins in egg white are commonly used to remove unwanted materials in cookery, clarifying stock is the obvious technique

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 415

11/08/2022 3:44 AM

Small world when you look at it that everything is connected. Example given below….

I worked at a company that made liquid smoke, our by-product was charcoal that I had to add value to.

In my research, I came across the process where there was technology that made activated carbon from poultry feathers… we couldn’t activate our carbon, because our process pulverized it to a powder and striped it to were the decomposition left was nothing but CO2 and 2% ash., but on the other hand, we were the largest supplier to the US military of charcoal…

basically, activated carbon is a filter, where it’s interesting how activated carbon works as a filter.

and along with this thread on how things are connected… the University of Wisconsin-Madison, activating dormant genes in poultry that makes chickens grow teeth, chickens will soon knock us off the top of the food chain.

isn’t science wonderful, so follow the science as they say.

now,… if only science can find a use for this…

Good Answers: 293

11/08/2022 7:05 AM

Egg production is already incredibly efficient, and, of course the yolks will be a very profitable byproduct.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

David H (1); phoenix911 (1); Randall (1); Rixter (1); SolarEagle (2); StandardsGuy (1)

Previous in Forum: Car radiator, heater core or something else for greenhouse?   Next in Forum: Inverted Spillway on a Lake

Advertisement