Previous in Forum: Greenland Melt May Not All Be From Global Warming   Next in Forum: Sump pump question
Close
Close
Close
28 comments
Guru

Good Answers: 10

Webs of Maya

12/13/2007 4:51 PM

This is not new stuff. I'm interested to see the CR4 community response to these occurrences.

As far as I know they are not associated in any way with perpetual motion, free energy or global warming, or a school homework project......

so here is a video link....... here...fascinating....a more descriptive video....here......and some context from which I extracted this discussion is found ....here

There is truly fascinating stuff out 'there' and I feel that this is some of it. I am anxious to hear from the 'usual suspects' et al.

cr3

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United Kingdom - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 662

Re: Webs of Maya

12/13/2007 5:31 PM

I remember doing that stuff in A level physics...oscillations in a plate...standing waves in a Kundt's Tube (oh, how we all smirked at that one).

Our Physics teacher Vera Griffin, (what a great name eh?) managed to keep a straight face... I was always getting VG on my work.

WTF is lycopodium powder?

Thanks for the memories!

Del

In reply to #1

12/13/2007 5:33 PM

Please extrapolate. Your memories are, as best I can tell, occurring in a fourth

dimension - one I am not privvy to.

cr3

In reply to #2

12/13/2007 5:39 PM

We did that plate thing...sprinkled it with lycopodium powder and I believe we excited it with a violin bow rather than a speaker.

The previous link explains the Kundt's tube... I'm sure you can work out the comic value in that name in any number of dimension.

Hey, just found a nice piece about lycopodium powder....fun for all the family.

Del

In reply to #3

12/13/2007 5:44 PM

Hey, just found a nice piece about lycopodium powder....fun for all the family.

Hey that one picture shows a beer bong too! Your right fun for the whole family!

Did you review all three links? Have you any insight, oh felid one, to the geometry described?

In reply to #5

12/13/2007 5:51 PM

3rd link was too long for my small furry brain... you should have noticed by now I never read or write anything much longer than about 5 lines.

You'll have to contact STL Engineer to read/write anything that long (just teasing guys)

Del

In reply to #5

12/13/2007 5:54 PM

Actually...that sort of geometry always strikes me as the...

'You could fit just about any geometry/theory you like into it' type stuff.

I'm not denying that nature has some wonderful shapes.... but it's back to my old hobyhorse...the maths merely describes the shapes it doesn't cause them.

So that's why I merely skimmed it.

Let me sumarise... 'Cats are bad at maths'

Del (Damn that's 6 lines )

In reply to #7

12/13/2007 6:07 PM

But only one significant spelling/grammatical error.

The pedantic monkey.

Be glad I got there before Andy Germany.....whew, you'd a been done fur!

In reply to #2

12/13/2007 5:42 PM

Ah... I'd only tried your first link when I did my first reply..(hmmm that sort of makes sense)...

I see the your second link actually mentions lycopodium powder and what it is....

Just goes to show how short my attention sp....

Good Answers: 245
In reply to #1

12/14/2007 1:32 PM

Lycopodium powder is the spores of a moss, and yes I remember the same experiments and feelings, except that I don't remember the name of my high school or even college physics teachers, except one, with whom I later shared an office!

Good Answers: 87

12/13/2007 6:33 PM

I am having a good bit of trouble figuring out what plate vibration modes have to do with Maya or with 9/11....

I have used this approach in solvig vibration problems in the past, and I am currently working on a piping vibration issue where the pipe is cracking along the nodal lines...Pretty practical stuff...

As an example of the principle that there is order in the universe, which might have been odered by an orderer, I like it!

Register to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Marine Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 81

12/13/2007 6:46 PM

Very interesting, but the maths pass me by. What it did do was to bring to mind my curiosity of why we like some things and dislike others? By that I mean, our senses are receptors of different kinds of energies, sound, light, chemical and touch, these have their own individual energy, and one could postulate that the things we like are those that we are in tune with, reminds of a different twist on a previous post, are we preprogrammed? Are we nudged to be in harmony with nature. The mind boggles.

Regards JD.

Register to Reply
Power-User
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member Safety - Hazmat - New Member

Good Answers: 1

12/13/2007 10:41 PM

i must be missing the intent of the question..

As the manifestations of the nodes of a vibrational impetus applied to a plane of symmetry, (square in this case) this is not a surprise:

and your refs to "perpetual motion, free energy or global warming" implies

(to me) that you are seeing something that I am not.

Are the patterns a surprise to you?

Stretch mylar across a bowl, put some sugar on it, and vibrate the bowl rim

with your electric toothbrush, or something similar.

=======================

Primary, secondary, and etc. harmonics are easily seen in a string:

in a concentric drumhead they also have these frequency-type oscillations, but the resonances are naturally more complex.

In a square, driven by force-damped center driven oscillator at different frequencies,

the node formation is pretty much surprising, as we can't follow the progressions.

At the edge, the vibrations are essentially reflected back.

An interesting-to-watch display, but it's fairly trivially represented by a computer with a simple math program..

I hope this is of value.

david

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #11

12/14/2007 11:06 AM

So to me this demonstrates the complex simplicity of the universe. Can we expand these simple observations to express any greater significance than "ooh, thats neat".

Some great mystics and scientist alike suggest that there is a resonant 'tone of creation' or a 'frequency of being'. I find it interesting that this age old sage suggestion is potentially demonstrated by a simple math program but ignored as trivial occurrence by some, perhaps even most, who are clearly well versed in science but seem, to me, unreasonably hesitant to step outside.

and your refs to "perpetual motion, free energy or global warming" implies (to me) that you are seeing something that I am not.

'Twas a joke. As these subjects are of a very high frequency here (pun intended).

Regards,

cr3

Good Answers: 7

12/14/2007 11:42 AM

Hi crIII,

Yes interesting, The sound thing is freaky and I can remember using iron dust with magnets and also doing this on paper with some vibration but never to this success like in the utube.

What an old fashioned way of bbc talk did that second video guy have. Must be from the 60ies or something.

The aztec, mayan and egyption links to inteligent visitors is indeed not new and I have no problem with all that as it is as much part of science as any other area of research. Even if it is religious, conducted according to the set and accepted rules of science, it should still be called science so that is fine.

What realy aggravates me is that reptilian drivel spewed out by the likes of that David Icke. What kind of rubbish is that anyway?. Our brain has evolved from the most prehistoric forms of brains and remained essentially the same shape with the "new bits" placed around and on top. Looking at any other brain of an animal that has not evolved as much as we have with regards to brain functions will result in you finding central parts that looks the same, because that is what they are, the same part. Find me something more firmly planted in reality and logic and I will consider it.

2 out of 3 aint bad,

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #13

12/14/2007 12:06 PM

I would suggest that you re-read. Agreed it is a stretch in some aspects. But....reptilian speciation is closely related to dinosaurs which became (suddenly) extinct prior to the arrival of man (allowed to occur by a cellestial event), which shares a very similar core structure, the most primal of functions AND the most elusive to identify (sixth sense phenoms, and other unexplained phenom are thought to arise from this part of the ingrained brain) functions....well never mind all that dribble. I did not take to it at first glanec either and am not willing to wholly embrace as any kind of truth. But as a science minded theologian I must be willing to entertain all possibilities as, well, possibilities.

2 out of 3 aint bad

Like I say when gambling - Breaking even ain't losin'!

In reply to #14

12/14/2007 2:04 PM

I agree with you that I would never embrace it as a whole truth. It is purely a lack of interest (at this point in my life) that I kindly decline to re-read.

I have gone through all the phases of von daniken and outer visits theories to being a self professed skeptic (I don't mind admitting even owning some books about von danikens theories). This skepticism also includes most new comer ideas in the fields of science as a whole so I think of myself as well balanced.

Like I say when gambling - Breaking even ain't losin'!

You gambled and I didn't loose or the other way around

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #16

12/14/2007 2:14 PM

It is difficult ground for me to tread. I am (and have for many years) paid attention to these studies. I am interested in what the truth of the matter is from a scientific perspective. Not willing to embrace blindly. I have done my own research. I have seen many of the Assyrian and Sumerian 'writings'. There is, beyond any reasonable doubt something of significance there. I just am perplexed why there seems to be a mental block by so many. It is as if people say; "yes I know. It is not important. Now let's talk about how the universe is made" Very perplexing. More and more people want to know what's new while foolishly avoiding what answers are at their feet - I find the scientific community often a great hypocrisy on such matters.

Oh well.

In reply to #17

12/14/2007 2:31 PM

I am sorry to have fallen in that category and maybe need to elaborate on my unwillingness to embrace.

If this subject had not been taken over and twisted by David Icke and subsequently rubbished and ridiculed by his audiences and critics, I might have been more open to the suggestion that there is indeed more to this.

As you must certainly remember the absurdity of some of David Icke's claims with regards to the infiltration of these reptilians still among us and hiding away in our midst while taking over the governments...........it only results in me switching off. This is not done to engage in something more important such as how is the universe made but simply an apathy towards the desperate attempts by some to be heard.

If there is a different side to all of this that can distance itself from the legacy of the 70ies and early 80ies, I could be persuaded to have another debate with you and knowing your previous posts here on CR4 I am sure I would enjoy it as well and most definitely learn something but until such time I am afraid I am more than just stone cold towards the concept.

I will re-read now as I hate to be told the way you did. But you knew that too

Register to Reply
Guru
United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 20
In reply to #13

12/14/2007 8:05 PM

"What realy aggravates me is that reptilian drivel spewed out by the likes of that David Icke."

Gents, my eddykayshun seems to be lacking. Who in the ever-lovin' bright-eyed WORLD is David Icke, and what "reptilian drivel" does/did he spew out? Or am I better off ignert? From the comments, the latter case would seem to be obvious, but my curiosity bump is larger than most grapefruits...

In reply to #24

12/14/2007 8:11 PM

Yeah maybe so.....

...I love the study of ancient myth, legend and lore as it applies to lost technology. (That's part of how I ended up here in the first place). But anyway, there is quite a bit of fringe stuff that can make the subject matter, well, not only hard but disgustingly so, to swallow. Icke is one such contributor. Google provides a wealth of info on him.

United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 20
In reply to #26

12/15/2007 9:30 AM

I believe I shall forgo googling that icky fellah...doesn't sound like the kind of guy I'd talk with over pints.

Concur there are tantalizing bits of real historical data (like the clay pots from India that appeared to have been either voltaic cells, metal plating apparatus, or perhaps both, from what, 500 BC?!?) that hint of lost technology. Underwater finds of what appear to be clockworks; there have been two or three of those, and they speak of genius long gone. I've handled (not just viewed in a museum) stone tools of such fine craftsmanship that you'd swear they were machined, not hand worked. And with those tools, men faced and conquered the elements, built societies, and created our modern day world. The "bronze age" and the "iron age" together total under a thousand years of human history. Stone tools carved all the other tens of thousands of years of it. What less sturdy things have been lost, I wonder? Even some cultures that were here 2-300 years ago and are now gone have left few traces. What was their herbal apothecary like? Did they fish with nets - woven of what? If they painted their faces, what were the patterns and colors? And what did they think about when they had some quiet time alone?

12/14/2007 2:37 PM

Wow, the youtube comments just show how mysticism and psuedo science are quickly used to fill up ignorance. The shapes are neat looking, but they're not that interesting if you have some background in modal analysis of mechanical systems. I like to think of it as the plate taking the path of least resistance given a specific loading.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #19

12/14/2007 3:12 PM

To Case and Bancha.

You both illustrate my points. As far as Ickne is concerned you are single sourcing. shame on you. He's making leaps that I am not so eager to make but am not willing to fully disregard either. I have studied hundreds of forms (cunifroms) and glyphs as well as the cave paintings as well ... well all the usual stuff. There is something there woth investigating.

Bancha. You are so quick to dismiss these occurrences a meaningless. It was some time after Newton was struck on the head that Einstein and others began to see the significance of gravity in the Grand Scheme. You are so quick to label such studies (universal harmonics) as pseudo science. I remind you it is the means of study not that which is studied that allows the term 'scientific' to be applied - and that, in brevity, is just as absurd if not more than anything. Furthermore "the plate taking a path of least resistance" is a comment worth arguing.

'Til next,

cr3

In reply to #20

12/14/2007 3:36 PM

Like I said I will read it now in more detail and get back to you.

I hope you don't heap your opinions as easily as you heap your answers. I like to think I did not disregard the idea without even the slightest hint of consideration even though I may have been single sourcing.

Watch this space...

Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster

12/14/2007 3:25 PM

On behalf of the Lizard People I would like to say we are grossly missrepresented in art and fiction. And as for that TV series V...I mean there is no way we would dress up in such slutty costumes...and the big hair oh puuuhlease.

Now cat people...entirely different proposition...

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #21

12/14/2007 5:42 PM

I rather enjoy the Lizard King. What? you were expecting something.......else?

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member Safety - Hazmat - New Member

Good Answers: 1

12/14/2007 8:09 PM

"There is truly fascinating stuff out 'there' and I feel that this is some of it. I am anxious to hear from the 'usual suspects' et al."

I'm still a bit lost as to the direction you intended when starting this

thread..

Wandering thru ancient lore, dealing tangentially with reptilian invasions:

In the spirit of attempting to make a cogent point in regard to the wandering topic which appears to be wavering hereabouts, may I state with all sincerity:

I LOVE MY LIMBIC SYSTEM

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - Model Rocketry - New Member

Location: East of Seattle, Washington state Republic of the 50 states of America
Good Answers: 36

12/15/2007 12:49 AM

I found your direction a bit open but once I caught on I know what you mean.

Erich Von Daniken salesmanship drives me nuts but he brings up some valid anomalies.

Graham Hancock has the old-world "take for ever to explain something" down pat, but underworld was full of anomalies explained and revealed and pointed out the inconsistencies of our dogma of history.

To many things don't add up and others are just plain BS ( of given history)

It is definitely written by the victors and the political historians.

Some effects like elastomers, harmonics, natural glasses, the list goes on and on was available to some or many cultures. It is said in genetics that 75,000 years ago human kind was wiped out to about 70,000 individuals from a much larger gene pool.

If we were wiped out to that level now how much would survive 75,000 years?

Many things would survive in myth but poetic license by a few would over time make it hard to figure out what was what.

In 1910 a cave on the north wall of the grand canyon was excavated by the Smithsonian institute the only thing that remains is the news paper article. 400 feet below the rim this cave went back into a tunnel and rooms. A ship load of artifacts sailed from California sinking 200 miles out. This is not the first time but my question is why? Lots of documentation but a lack of physical proof. What would be the point of destroying this stuff? Or maintaining it was?

History, archeology, is rich with anomalies. So they don't fit the current concepts, that doesn't mean the data is irrelevant.

Especially when some of it is very intriguing.

To bad the nuts muddy the waters.

Brad

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); Bancha (1); case491 (4); Del the cat (5); dkwarner (1); EnviroMan (2); I)AVI) (2); jdretired (1); Steve S. (1); TexasCharley (9); U V (1)

Previous in Forum: Greenland Melt May Not All Be From Global Warming   Next in Forum: Sump pump question

Advertisement