Previous in Forum: How to Purify and Get Lithium-6 From Natural Compounds?   Next in Forum: Keith_moc@yahoo.com
Close
Close
Close
14 comments
Guru

Good Answers: 10

Hacking Democracy

01/11/2008 3:05 PM

Hacking Democracy is an HBO documentary that was filmed in 2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacking_Democracy

I encourage all to take the time to watch this highly informative, well made, and dare I say disturbing film. Technology is new to the voting scene and already there are some serious questions about it's use and role in elections.

Regardless of your nationality, party line, age, ethnicity, faith or any other potentially devisive characteristics, this technology will surely incite debate.

cr3

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
The Architect
Engineering Fields - Software Engineering - S/W Architect Popular Science - Evolution - Fascinating! Fans of Old Computers - TRS-80 - A fine computer United States - US - Statue of Liberty - NY

Good Answers: 5

Re: Hacking Democracy

01/11/2008 3:16 PM

Yeah, that movie made me very angry... what we are walking (no running!) into? No paper trail? No auditing? No controls? No respect! Arg!!!!

Good Answers: 1
In reply to #1

01/12/2008 12:41 AM

Come on, none of us in the U.S. are (most likely) ever going to see a candidate now-a-days like they had way back when. There was probably a bit of corruption then... Why are lobbyists allowed to even breath air around politicians, why are politicians allowed to sit in office doing absolutely NOTHING for something like 70-80 years (think strom thurman)? Term limits would be a part of the solution. Maybe Severely Limiting campaign contributions would be a big thing as well (think if the stink that was going up about hillary and the $$$ being "given" to her by some chinese people, when in acutality it was being brought in from else where and passed along by third party individuals), or howabout not allowing Foreing Governments to contribute (again think of clinton but bill this time) The left and the right do not really bring anyone to the people with any sort of integrity... well, at least in my eyes. Integrity is a big word that is missing from politicians' internal designs. Look at how many have been on the take in one form or another. Do they learn, or will they learn? No... It is too easy to skate by (scooter libby, nixon, whoever else that was in the spotlight and got into trouble only to have the limelight taken away from somewhere (someone) else)... We are in a sad time for this great country of ours (at least in the realm of politics).

In reply to #3

01/12/2008 12:49 AM

So what about the technology being used to count votes. There are 4 mega corps doing the counting and doing it ALL in private. It has already been proven that fraud is taking place either by negligence or direct intent.

Should this technology not be hand checked and double checked in an open forum?

I mean, hell I got guys all over here talking about free energy. To which the response is "show me". To which that, the response is <chirp, chirp, chirp> nothing.

I have a real problem with electronic voting and more importantly electronic vote counting.

As it was said, allegedly by communist leader Josef Stalin, "Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything"

01/12/2008 12:02 AM

The polls are not much better. As shown ..........here ( the narrator uses a small amount of slightly profane language at the very end)

Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member Popular Science - Paleontology - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Popular Science - Evolution - New Member Popular Science - Genetics - New Member Popular Science - Biology - New Member

Location: The Nevernever as much as possible, Earth when I have no choice.
Good Answers: 11

01/12/2008 1:36 AM

Salutations. The question is not that there is fraud and deceit occurring in Government (for a surprise look up the root of that word: at least one definition is, CONTROL), but rather what are we, as thinking beings of free will, going to do about it? And how will we punish those who have been doing this since at least the 1800's?

I do not claim to know your mind, but mine is made up.

I will do whatever it takes to ensure my and my offspring's freedom and independence. Including revolution if necessary!

Dragon

Engineering Fields - Retired Engineers / Mentors - New Member

Good Answers: 18

01/12/2008 11:41 AM

In Ohio, the amount of failure surrounding the voting machines has resulted in the reinstitution of a system that is supposedly closer to old paper ballots in Cuyahoga County. I suspect the only reason for going away from paper ballots in the first place was to allow the media to broadcast there results faster. Personally, I dont really need to know that rapidly which group of crooks is in charge.

Good Answers: 3
In reply to #6

01/12/2008 2:43 PM

Funny you should mention that. I had a long conversation with a person from there who was involved with the voting. It seems the voting commission never cleaned out the punch trays so they end up getting like a shredder that's over filled. You can push in but you are pushing against compacted paper hence the hanging chads. She felt it had been ignored on purpose.

Register to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Retired Engineers / Mentors - New Member

Good Answers: 18
In reply to #7

01/12/2008 10:20 PM

I wouldnt be surprized!

In reply to #6

01/12/2008 11:31 PM

very true , but must people don't do "a thing" about it .

In reply to #9

01/12/2008 11:53 PM

Then don't be like most people. I would be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that the members of this forum would relish an opportunity to gain knowledge and exercise an informed vote!

The problem is not the vote casting - The problem is the vote counting!

Remember Florida? How about Iowa 2006? How about Michigan? C'mon folks the cat is clawing at the bag seams! (no offense Del, del Gato)

I don't give a darn who people vote for. That is the beauty of it. But these shitheels are stealin votes and have been....errr allegedly stealin'. Harumph.

I just implore all to review the evidence nothing more. Take a little time to investigate for yourselves.

Is this technology being misused? Are votes being miscounted?

Location: Earth. England/America -the birthplace of the C. S. A. - anywhere I imagine -home.
Good Answers: 33

01/21/2008 3:56 PM

The ability to commit fraud benefits the party which refuses to allow photo IDs, which selected the ballots to use in Florida and which has habitually used strongarm tactics, intimidation and deceased voters to win elections. When the other party won they simply assumed they had been out-frauded and were very angry, unable to admit a fair defeat.

My side won, but I despise those who would commit election fraud too. Voting machines should be hackproof and produce visible paper records of all the votes of those who are identifiable registered voters. I also feel that no election results should be made public until after the polls have closed in EVERY state.

In reply to #11

01/21/2008 7:26 PM

Hmmmmmm, the paper trail would be the best thing... ME thinks that having a digital type of device isn't the best idea in an "impartial" environment (like tallying votes). It would best be suited for taking pictures in an intersection (redlight cameras) but not for counting votes. Didn't Gore win the popular vote and Bush win the electoral or something like that, since we are delving back into the past. And, didn't Bush call and tell Gore "congrats" before calling for a recount. If my memory serves me right....

Guru

In reply to #12

01/21/2008 7:30 PM

Your memory is quite correct.

The 'hacking' was perfected through the caucus process starting back in the late eighties.

I strongly suggest that ALL voters everywhere in the world watch the HBO documentary by the same title Hacking Democracy

In reply to #13

01/22/2008 2:28 PM

Commerce with all nations, alliance with none... Now there is an ingenious idea. Hmmmm, what happened to the "master plan" of this nation of ours? Me thinks the people in power need to step back and rethink ideas that they have in their tiny lil' ol' noggins in order to find the right track for the United States of America. Stop trying to retool the constitution with verbage (!) and get with the program of running this country for the people (by the people, of course) and keep everyone elses hands out of th pot. Less goverment = better? Who knows?

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

AAndy (1); agua_doc (2); Dragonsfarm (1); Ferris (3); hydrotime (1); mgaulin (1); Taganan (1); TexasCharley (4)

Previous in Forum: How to Purify and Get Lithium-6 From Natural Compounds?   Next in Forum: Keith_moc@yahoo.com

Advertisement