Previous in Forum: basic parameters of an ac drive   Next in Forum: Assembling RGB Cable
Close
Close
Close
7 comments
Participant

LED technology

02/20/2008 10:45 AM

I am looking for a source for the thinnest possible LED's on the market in all available colors. Anyone have any Idea's of who would have such a thing?

thanks

zuki

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member United States - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 30

Re: LED technology

02/20/2008 12:32 PM

Zuki,

What is your idea of thin? We've used some two-color ones that are about .030 x .060 rectangle, and probably less than .020 thick. Dimensions in inches. These are surface mount devices, meaning they mount on the "surface" of the P.C. board, they do not have leads that go through the board. If you give a hint at your application, it would help provide advice.

Tom

Register to Reply
Participant

In reply to #1

02/20/2008 12:48 PM

I'd like to have something about 2mm thick circular or rectangular with an optical coating would be fine.. I'd like them to be able to connect from the sides so I can make an array.

the lowest voltage keeping the highest luminence possible... they also have to be able to withstand freezing tempuratures.. ?

thanks!

Register to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member United States - Member - New Member

In reply to #4

02/20/2008 3:41 PM

Check out this part, it's made by Avago, the company that got spun off of HP's LED and RF component line.

http://www.avagotech.com/assets/downloadDocument.do?id=1714

It's a three color LED that's only 1.1mm tall.

Tom

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Guru

In reply to #5

02/20/2008 3:47 PM

They also have an application note that goes into detail about how to drive an LED matrix, here's the link.

<http://www.avagotech.com/assets/downloadDocument.do?id=3630&Source=SearchResultPage>

Tom

Register to Reply
Participant

In reply to #6

02/21/2008 11:00 AM

Thank you so much! I think they wil have what i'm looking for.

Register to Reply
Power-User
Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - By Degree Engineering Fields - Manufacturing Engineering - By Profession Popular Science - Weaponology - By Interest United States - Member - Member Since My Inception

Good Answers: 5

02/20/2008 12:34 PM

What are your requirements? What are your not to exceed dimensions?

In reply to #2

02/20/2008 12:47 PM

I'd like to have something about 2mm thick circular or rectangular with an optical coating would be fine.. I'd like them to be able to connect from the sides so I can make an array.

the lowest voltage keeping the highest luminence possible...

thanks!

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 7 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

All About M.E. (1); tdesmit (3); zukiboy (3)

Previous in Forum: basic parameters of an ac drive   Next in Forum: Assembling RGB Cable

Advertisement