Previous in Forum: Absorption & propagation of energy from blast   Next in Forum: It's aiming for us!
Close
Close
Close
3 comments
Power-User
Engineering Fields - Agricultural Engineering - Agricultural Mechanization Technical Fields - Technical Writing - Translator Technical Fields - Education - Fluid Power Uruguay - Member - Born and raised.

Good Answers: 3

retrieve the grains gone with the hulls and the bran

03/10/2008 1:47 PM

I have this customer who wants to retrieve the rice grains that have gone with the hulls of the husker and the bran of the polisher. I have never seen or heard of a machine that does this, but I guess a sifter would be appropriate.

Do you know of any manufacturer that markets something remotely similar to a "grain retriever in hulls" or "grain retriever in bran"?

Perhaps the name I am guessing for the machine just isn't appropriate.

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Hobbies - Fishing - Old Salt Hobbies - CNC - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member

Good Answers: 266

Re: retrieve the grains gone with the hulls and the bran

03/10/2008 3:59 PM

In the US the hulls or chaff is removed by the combine in the field. Where it is ether tilled under or collected and milled for animal feed. As I understand the equipment involve to mill it and its value is not to profitable. So what little grain is left in it lends to its nutritional value as feed. I do not think that there is enough grain in it to warrant expending resources to clean it again. If there is that much grain in the chaff that you customer believes he can profit from the re-cleaning I would look at the machinery that is doing the initial cleaning.

Most of these machines separate the chaff and the bran with blowers. Both of which are lighter than the grain. May be able to replace the blower motor with a variable speed to control the amount of grain blown it to these.

In reply to #1

02/12/2014 1:57 AM

you can use flour milling machine to retrieve the grains gone with the hulls and the bran.

Register to Reply
Power-User
United States - Member - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member

Good Answers: 6

03/11/2008 11:19 AM

Sure there is. You need a sorter. Talk to Satake. http://www.satake-usa.com/

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 3 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

jinggu (1); ozzb (1); Vandarye (1)

Previous in Forum: Absorption & propagation of energy from blast   Next in Forum: It's aiming for us!

Advertisement