Previous in Forum: Stupid questions: should we answer them or not?   Next in Forum: Thread spec
Close
Close
Close
6 comments
Anonymous Poster

Levling Question

03/17/2008 1:35 PM

What method for leveling long distance would be best?

(Lazer) (Optical)

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Commentator

Good Answers: 5

Re: Levling Question

03/17/2008 1:47 PM

Please define long-distance. How precise do you need to be? If it's for a railroad, not super-critical,, but if you are trying to level a high-speed rocket sled test bed, real critical.

Quality of instrument and operator would play a major factor, but I'd generally choose laser.

Guru

Location: Milky Way galaxy, Sol solar system, Earth (not Giaha), USA, WA, N.E.
Good Answers: 13

03/17/2008 1:50 PM

What do you mean by long distance?

Good Answers: 143

03/17/2008 7:56 PM

Between those two choices, obviously laser.

New Zealand - Member - Interested in everything- see my Profile please APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - Member Engineering Fields - Civil Engineering - Member Hobbies - Musician - Autoharp and Harmonica Hobbies - Hunting - Member Hobbies - Fishing - Member

Location: Christchurch, (The Garden City), South Island, New Zealand
Good Answers: 229

03/18/2008 2:16 PM

Hello Guest,

All distance is Relative, you need to be specific.

The only Lazer I know spends most of the day on a couch watching TV.

When measuring long distances (intergalactic measurements) I have found that all optical measure is inaccurate, because the gravitational fields curve the light.

As far as levelling long distance, I have never had the pleasure.

Please reply, with

Kind Regards....

Good Answers: 2

03/20/2008 5:24 AM

I thing that you have been abducted by the long distance marketers and are thus attempting to level the playing field. The distance is relative though you don't have any that will claim you anymore. Not that this is news to you, nor will it prevent you from making any more inane comments.

I actually think you may be one of the primary reasons a discussion is going on trying to determine what to do about people that ask stupid questions. Yours certainly qualify, and since you have a vocabulary, you must have utilized both of your braincells to maintain it and therefore anything written by you, while well done, would still qualify as stupidity. You can't fight your nature.

Love you anyway, you anonymous coward!

Reply Off Topic (Score 4)
Guru

Good Answers: 115

03/20/2008 12:40 PM

Water. You will need a bucket to carry it from one end of the long distance to the other. When comparing the two, make sure the water has stopped sloshing about. I do this in my garden all the time, and sometimes also use a plastic tube.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Fierce Allegiance (1); Kris (1); Shadetree (1); Sparkstation (1); tomkaighin (1); TVP45 (1)

Previous in Forum: Stupid questions: should we answer them or not?   Next in Forum: Thread spec

Advertisement