Close
Close
Close
3 comments
Associate

Good Answers: 1

Maintain machinery

03/20/2008 9:55 AM

I am going to work for a manufacturer (maintenance department), our products are Hearing Instrument, Mobile Terminal, Medical Device. I looking for and book or information :"How to maintain the machine fast, correct..". Thanks!

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Good Answers: 143

Re: Maintain machinery

03/20/2008 10:08 AM

Are you talking about audiometers or hearing aids? If you guys build the device, don't you have schematics and drawings? Did you do any MTBF documentation when you selected components? Do you have a service department that maintains records of field service calls? Do you have a QA/QC department? Somebody has to have access to at least most of this information in order to write a maintenance manual for your device.

Hobbies - Fishing - Old Salt Hobbies - CNC - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member

Good Answers: 266

Re: Maintain machinery

03/20/2008 1:01 PM

Most manufactures today supply very little maintenance info with their machines other than where to lubricate, when to lubricate and maybe a wiring diagram. A lot depends on the technology involve in the equipment in which they are trying to protect.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); ozzb (1); TVP45 (1)

Previous in Forum: Venturi Orifice Steam Traps   Next in Forum: boiler water

Advertisement