Previous in Forum: alternators   Next in Forum: Severn Barrage UK Why no progress?
Close
Close
Close
6 comments
Participant

IS infinite universe not possible???

03/23/2008 6:25 AM

universe is infinite

what is actually the problems of the statement?

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: infinite universe
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United Kingdom - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 662

Re: IS infinite universe not possible???

03/23/2008 6:34 AM

No problem at all.

The only difficulty is our inability to comprehend it...

Good Answers: 143

03/23/2008 7:28 AM

Nothing. I'm OK with it. Although I am working on an optical comparator to measure it.

Good Answers: 37

03/23/2008 8:19 AM

U should be capitalized and a punctuation mark should be added at the end of infinite.

Other than that it can't be proven or disproved. someday the expanding universe will collide with itself coming in the other direction or get so large we will need telescopes just to see another star.

United States - Member - Charter Member Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - Charter Member

Good Answers: 73

03/23/2008 11:46 AM

What is infinite? Even the stars in the sky, could be counted, but not by me. I think it's all math. Like how many decimal points, that can be infinite. The math says there is, like, 12 dimensions. One of the few things I can really believe in is the law of entropy. I know my life gets more complicated each and every day.

Engineering Fields - Marine Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 81

03/23/2008 10:12 PM

I think there is a tendency too humanise things, birth, life, death. and if things do not fit into that pattern, then its a concept outside our experiance, and harder for us to understand. Its like thinking about where were you before being was born? all the atoms have been in existance since time began, its only the event of them coming together that is not infinite. Then again maybe the spirit of humanity will go on for ever? then there will be no problems with it.

Regards JD.

Register to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 818

03/25/2008 6:21 AM

#DIV/0!, according to Excel.....

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Bricktop (1); charsley99 (1); Del the cat (1); jdretired (1); PWSlack (1); TVP45 (1)

Previous in Forum: alternators   Next in Forum: Severn Barrage UK Why no progress?

Advertisement