Previous in Forum: Teaching Tools ?   Next in Forum: where the good forum for acoustics and non-linear acoustics?
Close
Close
Close
2 comments
Active Contributor

please guide me

04/21/2008 7:56 AM

good whishes to all

hi i am pursuring my B.Tech in electronics and communication my interest is in electronics field but in market job opportunity is greater in IT because only IT company comes for placment drives in our collage and all b.tech branches (ece, cse ,it ) are elligible so i am confused what should i choose my major subject of study. i am a 4th sam student of 8 sam course.

what should i do if i want be a part of electronics field.

what kind of qualifications and soft skill should i posses so that any electronics company will hire me .

what are the different opportunity avalable in this field(specially in india i dont care to work at any part of world )

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 818

Re: please guide me

04/23/2008 7:53 AM

<...what kind of qualifications and soft skill should i posses so that any electronics company will hire me...>

At interview, the interviewer is trying to determine:

• Can this individual do the job?
  • Will this individual do the job?
  • Will this individual fit the organisation?
  • Of the candidates that score three 'yes' answers, which one is the best?

Good Answers: 1

Re: please guide me

04/24/2008 7:49 AM

thats very true...i remembered some years back i did a career switch, marched into the office of a shipyard with a degree in bioprocess engineering. and the interviewer (now my boss) there and then determined if i can fit in. practical questions he asked, and even know I'm really not marine-trained, he figured i'd do.

I'd say study the course that you wished to do will perhaps better equipped yourself in the field of your interest, but ultimately, many employers do not care whats printed on your cert...as long as you can do the job. engineers are practical people after all. :p

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 2 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Teaching Tools ?   Next in Forum: where the good forum for acoustics and non-linear acoustics?
You might be interested in: Magnetic Field Sensors, Magnetic Field Instruments

Advertisement