Previous in Forum: Long-Term Elastic Powder Coating for Springs   Next in Forum: bike engines
Close
Close
Close
9 comments
Anonymous Poster

Water-Burning Hybrid - hype or hope?

06/13/2008 3:35 PM

I have been searching for ways to improve the mileage of my vehicle, like I imagine so many others have. I have little faith in gadgets that have not been introduced by the big-four, as it reasons Detroit would have much to gain by offering improvements in this area. (I must admit out of curiosity and desperation I did buy a "Tordado" device - which I prefer to imagine helps a bit - perhaps I'm just a bit gentler on the accelerator now, but I do see an improvement)

Anyway...has anyone had ACTUAL EXPERIENCE with the water hybrid linked to the pasted website? I'm not looking for opinions, nothing but the facts...and please don't be ashamed to admit to wasting money on scientific research or debunking hobbies.

Seriously looking for real world experience feedback - not theories.

Please reply with mileage enhancements that have TRULY proved to be worthwhile, - not driving tips we all know by now...and a million thanks in advance.

http://www.runyourcarwithwater.com/?hop=dcomp22

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 87

Re: Water-Burning Hybrid - hype or hope?

06/13/2008 3:45 PM

There are about a hundred threads on this subject already, but the best explaination of why it is hype is here...

http://cr4.globalspec.com/thread/22670/Finally-A-Great-HHO-test-Run-your-car-on-water

Please use the search feature on the site in the future...Thanks...

Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United Kingdom - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 662

06/13/2008 3:47 PM

I want to go home please...

06/13/2008 8:19 PM
Guru

Good Answers: 23
In reply to #3

06/14/2008 12:38 PM

Hello Guest
First let me apologize to the original guest poster as he was only seeking empirical data. I think your idea of wanting empirical data from real world test is great, the companies pushing these run your car on water devices have made some pretty outlandish statements, like doubling your fuel economy.

There's no way that I can see that could ever happen, but there's nothing wrong with having an open mind and collecting data.

New guest:

The link you posted for the Gentex water powered car is one I had not seen before, I googled it to get a little more information on what they were doing.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/13/genepax-shows-off-water-powered-fuel-cell-vehicle/

A fuel cell as you probably know combines hydrogen and oxygen, with the end product being water and electricity. I see no way to separate the hydrogen from the oxygen without putting electricity back in. This would seem to violate some very basic laws of physics.

The applications for such a product would far exceed limited use in the automobile industry. Imagine never Having to pay for electricity again.

They will have completely solved the world's energy problems. However I'm not a chemists so I merely based my objection on the laws of thermodynamics.

It would also seem that they have finally created a perpetual motion machine, their emissions would be hydrogen and oxygen, which you could put back into a regular fuel cell and get even more electricity and water out.

I've been wrong before so hopefully I am wrong this time as this as this would ensure a clean renewable nonpolluting energy source. However I don't think I'm wrong.

In case you're not old enough to remember the Dale, in one of the previous energy crunchs, all the television stations picked up on the promise of a three wheel cheap to build hundred mile per gallon car, the car actually existed as a prototype that people could take pictures of, and invest in.

It turned out to be one of the larger scams perpetrated in the 20th century, no plans to build a car, a woman CEO, that turned out to be a transvestite.

06/13/2008 9:33 PM

Ok gang, let's play what's the catch!

Hmmm, I wonder why the price of petrol did not take a nose dive with the news of the Japanese car.

Hmmm, I wonder why Mitsubishi or Toyota has not jumped all over this and started producing them immediately....

Hmmm, I wonder if I need to go find a new job since we wont be using oil for fuel anymore.

Hmmm, I wonder why Al Gore is not in the video with the Japanese guys touting it as the salvation of mankind.

Hmmm, I wonder why it is not the top news story on every network and in every news outlet.

Anonymous Poster
In reply to #4

06/13/2008 9:58 PM

Simple. Politics!

Guru

In reply to #5

06/14/2008 9:13 AM

Huh? Politics?

Money trumps politics any time, and if these were real there would be serious money to be made.

Try loosening your tin foil hat a bit....

Reply Score 1 for Off Topic
Guru

Good Answers: 13

06/15/2008 11:18 AM

not only will it lower milage, its dangerous, no, make that deadly.

Guru
Hobbies - RC Aircraft - New Member Hobbies - Automotive Performance - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member

Good Answers: 123

06/16/2008 12:50 AM

Those gadgets are just junk and lies. I on the other hand have devised a super efficient generator that will run off of the drive wheels of your car. The generated electricity is stored in batteries. The batteries provide electricity to run the electric motors that run the car. No gas. No wasted energy. Send me your hard earned money. I will solve your energy problems.

Or better yet keep your tires inflated near the maximum allowed, keep your air filter clean, and drive like there is a raw egg below your gas pedal. These three things will yield better results than all the adds you will read this year. Fuel injector cleaner can also help. CAN help. Only if your injectors are dirty. Please send the money.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (2); bob c (1); Del the cat (1); Steve S. (3); vicini (1); YWROADRUNNER (1)

Previous in Forum: Long-Term Elastic Powder Coating for Springs   Next in Forum: bike engines

Advertisement