Previous in Forum: Disappearing water?   Next in Forum: Carbon Dioxide absorption
Close
Close
Close
9 comments
Associate

Good Answers: 1

Organic Mosquito Repellent - Finally!

07/11/2008 4:22 PM

DōTerra's TerraShieldTM Repellent Blend is an all-natural, super-concentrated insect repellent formulated with a proprietary blend of 15 Certified Pure Therapeutic GradeTM essential oils that have been scientifically shown to repel insects more effectively than other synthetic insect repellents. The 15 essential oils in TerraShieldTM are blended in a base of 100% pure fractionated coconut oil leaving your skin renewed after each application. Just a small amount of super-concentrated TerraShield will provide powerful coverage and lasts up to 6 hours per application. TerraShield smells great and can be used safely by everyone in the family without worry.

User-tagged by 1 user
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
Popular Science - Evolution - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

Good Answers: 918

Re: Organic Mosquito Repellent - Finally!

07/11/2008 4:27 PM
Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster

07/12/2008 12:55 AM

Great!!! Let's all breathe a sigh of relief.

Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster

07/14/2008 6:27 AM

how can we got it

Register to Reply
Guru
New Zealand - Member - Interested in everything- see my Profile please APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - Member Engineering Fields - Civil Engineering - Member Hobbies - Musician - Autoharp and Harmonica Hobbies - Hunting - Member Hobbies - Fishing - Member

Location: Christchurch, (The Garden City), South Island, New Zealand
Good Answers: 229

07/15/2008 4:06 AM

Hello peter08

Thank you for your advice.

We were always told that taking Vitamin B tablets for 6 weeks before going to a mosquito infected area was ideal.

If you drink lots of beer, which contains vitamin B, each day, the little suckers won't bother you.

Unfortunately for me, I am sensitised to alcohol, even in small quantities, so the first system has been OK for me over 50 years.

Kind Regards....

07/29/2008 4:48 PM

I tested it out again yesterday in mosquito infested woods in Michigan. Works great, only 1 bite from yesterday when I normally would have had about a dozen. I noticed I had to re-apply it about once each hour. www.do-terra.com

In reply to #5

02/05/2009 11:17 PM

I have used TerraShield and LOVE it! My family and our little dogs are safe from pesky flies and mosquitos.

I love the smell of it and wear it as perfume! Good find indeed.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Guru
New Zealand - Member - Interested in everything- see my Profile please APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - Member Engineering Fields - Civil Engineering - Member Hobbies - Musician - Autoharp and Harmonica Hobbies - Hunting - Member Hobbies - Fishing - Member

07/30/2008 6:32 AM

Hello again, peter08

Come to New Zealand's South Island Southwest, and see how well that new

DōTerra's TerraShieldTM Repellent Blend stands up against our native Sandflies.

Back in 1968-1969, when I was helping to build an underground powerhouse at West Arm, Manapouri, we used "Dimp' by several 40 gallon drums each week.

The liquid Dimp which contained "Deet" a very toxic chemical, used to dissolve some plastics, and the little suckers used to drink the Dimp on the skin, after only a few minutes.

We eventually got Dimp cream in tubes, which would give protection for some 30 minutes, before the biters started again.

There was in early days, 1880's or so, a settlement at Martins Bay, near Lake McKerrow in Fiordland Southwest South Island.

The settlers were eventually driven out by the native sandflies, which would (and still do) arrive in great clouds for a blood feast.

A cattle beast or ox would last about 3 days, before dying of blood loss, a horse could last almost a week, before dying in the same manner.

Before you ask, I'm not walking in there again, to try the product you recommend.

Kind Regards....

In reply to #6

12/18/2008 11:42 AM

I just read this post again and am just curious about the season for these flies. Our mosquito problem is seasonal, and is drastically affected by the weather. If we don't have much standing water early in the year, we won't have as many mosquitos (nor bug bites) later in the year. We have big black flies in northern Michigan too. Sparky, do you have a similar sitatuation in NZ?

In reply to #7

12/21/2008 5:15 PM

Hello peter08

No, These biters here bite all year around.

An old-timer's trick here was to drink beer, lots of it, and the biters don't bother the drinkers.

I'm unsure why, some say the Vitamin B exuded from the skin of the tippler discourages the sandfly from landing, but it may be that once several ales have been imbibed, the drinker of those ales just does not register any bites.

The New Zealand "sandflies" bite even when there is snow lying on the ground.

They are in the natural forest here, and require a blood meal by the female to lay fertile eggs.

Once above the "bush-line" (forested areas) they are not so bad.

I don't mean to dissuade you from visiting here, to test that product.

Kind Regards....

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Hero (1); Anonymous Poster (2); DoTerraGal (1); peter08 (2); Sparkstation (3)

Previous in Forum: Disappearing water?   Next in Forum: Carbon Dioxide absorption

Advertisement