Previous in Forum: scan time difference   Next in Forum: Troubleshooting an ac coil Magnetic Contactor,
Close
Close
Close
2 comments
Anonymous Poster

Digital Transmitter

07/28/2008 7:32 PM

I have a Honeywell 3000 smart digital pressure transmitter connected to a Stim card.I tried to communicate with it using my Honeywell communicator but was not able to so I replaced the transmitter and that solved the problem my question is:say that I wanted to simulate a signal to DCS what would I had to do? the only equipment I have is a Honeywell communicator(wouldn't communicate) and a fluke multimeter...Thank you

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Power-User

Good Answers: 1

Re: Digital Transmitter

07/30/2008 11:53 AM

You can simulate any individual sensor using an external mA generator, if the DCS system is not organized with a bus topology including sensors.

3000 series txmitters can use the mA (and HART) or fieldbus, or the proprietary honeywell communication protocols.

You can use the communicator to read back the configuration data or to reconfigure the txmitter, can not use for simulation purposes.

Your multimeter can be used only to check the 4-20mA output of txmitter with a 24VDC power supply serially connected into the 2-wire loop.

regards

Power-User

Re: Digital Transmitter

08/06/2008 10:25 PM

if you are connecting honeywell 3000 smart digital transmitter connected to a stim card, is you stim card is honeywell brand, assuming to stim card is honeywell brand, thefore you should be able to communicate using smart field communicator (SFC). and if is not honeywell brand you stim card must have 250 ohms resistor inplace.

if you want to simulate a signal back to DCS, you can to so by using smart field communicator, set to output mode and then enter the desired range. ie 10%

Reply to Forum Thread 2 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: scan time difference   Next in Forum: Troubleshooting an ac coil Magnetic Contactor,
You might be interested in: Radio Transmitter ICs, Digital Audio Systems

Advertisement