Previous in Forum: Future of the Internet   Next in Forum: Samuel W. Alderson 1915-2005
Close
Close
Close
4 comments
The Architect
Engineering Fields - Software Engineering - S/W Architect Popular Science - Evolution - Fascinating! Fans of Old Computers - TRS-80 - A fine computer United States - US - Statue of Liberty - NY

Good Answers: 5

Sunrise Earth on Discovery HD

02/18/2005 12:33 PM

Sunrise Earth is my favorite new show since I started getting digital cable recently. The premise: set up lots of mounted cameras on location in beautiful and serene locations, and watch the sun come up and the day start for all of critters. Each 50 minute (uninterupted!) episode is so relaxing... I crank up the volume and listen to the insects, birds, frogs, grasses, and fish jumping, with no humans anywhere. There is no commentary, and the camera will stay fixed on a single spot for minutes at a time, giving you a chance to really look for life's little activities. I love it! (Oh, and the HD quality is pretty cool too.)

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Friend of CR4

Good Answers: 35

No HD for me...

02/18/2005 7:23 PM

Too bad, I'd probably really enjoy this program.

Engineering Fields - Software Engineering - S/W Architect Popular Science - Evolution - Fascinating! Fans of Old Computers - TRS-80 - A fine computer United States - US - Statue of Liberty - NY

Good Answers: 5
In reply to #1

Re:No HD for me...

02/22/2005 5:02 AM

I think the channel itself may still be available with digital cable... it's in the 1800's. Normal time for the show is 6am, I think.

Good Answers: 35

I'll have to look for it

02/22/2005 6:58 AM

I'm trying to get up earlier anyway, so this may be a good, low stress way to pull myself out of bed.

Good Answers: 2

Planet Sunrise

04/04/2005 11:10 AM

Haven't seen it on Direct TV (Satellite) HD. Too bad!

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 4 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Chris Leonard (2); mgaulin (1); Paddy O'Flanigan (1)

Previous in Forum: Future of the Internet   Next in Forum: Samuel W. Alderson 1915-2005

Advertisement