Previous in Forum: ss 304 welding dc current   Next in Forum: Heating System
Close
Close
Close
11 comments
Anonymous Poster

LPG Calculation Formula

09/23/2006 2:30 PM

I am a contractor for mechanical work such as for maintenance petro kiosk pump.

i get new job for to supply and install LPG piping 6 floor collegue. but i dont understand how to calculate LPG calculation for pipe sizing formula. Hope someone help me to assist how to calculate by pipe sizing formula from manifold system to riser pipe and to valve gas cock.

Your kind attention is very much appreciated.

Razaliharun

KL Malaysia

my email: rabahar@tm.net.my

Pathfinder Tags: calculation LPG piping
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
Hobbies - HAM Radio - New Member United Kingdom - Big Ben - New Member Fans of Old Computers - Altair 8800 - New Member Canada - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 119

Re: LPG Calculation Formula

09/23/2006 11:39 PM

Do you want to supply LPG to all places on these 6 floors? or do you wish to convert the LPG through a regulator and evaporator to a low pressure gas and then circulate the low pressure gas to student bunsen birners or something like that?

This can be very dangerous if you get it wrong. suggest you get a local engineer to help you on this.

09/24/2006 1:11 AM

If you are installing a LP gas system to carry a load for 6 floors consider an elevated pressure gas line. A two [2] pound pressure 1" gas line will feed a water heater, a gas range, and a furnace on each floor, considering the [6]floors as mentioned. With an elevated pressure of 2 pounds which is very common here in Utah, you will need a regulator at each appliance. These inline regulators are relatively inexpensive. They are designed for cutting pressure at each appliance to 4 ounces inlet pressure. They are called a janitrol regulator, remembering each appliance will need one, and they are ventless regulators [do not require venting]. This may be a different answer than what you may have expected but it is really a great way to complete your project unless restriction exist not allowing you to elevate pressure from the main source to the very end of the project

Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Anonymous Poster

09/26/2006 12:50 AM

Hi all,

IN LPG LINESIZING CALCULATION ITS BUILDING SERVICE SO WE CAN REFER 31.9 AS WELL AS 31.4 CODES,IN A COUPLE OF DAYS I WILL SEND THE SAMPLE CALACULATION TO YOU KEEP IN TOUCH.MY ID IS binooo_s@lycos.com

thanks

Binoi.S

Anonymous Poster
In reply to #3

04/17/2008 4:30 AM

can you send to me too.

aimi.ubaidillah@gmail.com

Active Contributor

09/26/2006 3:01 AM

Hi razaliharun,

I want to calcualte line sizing please give me the necessaryu details like Pipe size,

design pressure,temperature and pipe material as early as possible,then i will proceed my calcualtions.please make it fast to get this inforamtion.send the mail binooo_s@lycos.com

Thanks

binoi.s

Participant

09/04/2008 8:37 PM

hope i am not a little late on this reply...hahahaha..

as mentioned, u must determine first the details of the load..i.e, the exact detail of BTU/hr of each load...nature of the load whether it being high or low pressure type..

from there u will be able to determine the actual size of the pipe from second stage regulator to load line, from first stage to second stage regulators and the main line. U can also determine the size of the regulators to be use once load requirements are known.

also, the storage size is a question of the design..first option is the parallel operation of big cylinders ( can be with automatic changeover or manual) or for simplicity of design, use a bigger storage tank say 2 tons - 5 tons...but this config needs a small lorry to refill ur storage tank, unlike the parallel ops were u just request for a conventional cylinder refilled from the lpg refilling palnt...again these are all dependent on the nature of the load...whether it being high or low pressure loads, sufficient amount of lpg must be available...

i can give u details of the exact design if u can give me the load config..

hope this helps..

Anonymous Poster
In reply to #6

11/27/2008 11:19 AM

Good day, about the calculation for sizing a LPG tank for e.g. Shopping mall. so far i get the info from google.com. 1 cylinder is about 50kg . but what about 1kg convert to btu/h for gas ? i wish to understand more about LPG gas calculation and design. Your faithfully Charles. eng.sg@jrp.com.my

Participant

In reply to #6

09/16/2013 2:49 AM

good day sir, i had just read this forum regarding LPG design, can u please send me some reference of your computation. I currently designing an LPG system supply for a hospital. And I do need some reference since my experience is not broad enough. Kindly send it to my email address almon88@gmail.com. I highly appreciate your contribution in my career. Thank you very much and more power...

Anonymous Poster

12/15/2009 11:22 AM

mr razali,

In Malaysia, you have to register yr com with Suruhanjaya Tenaga and only register ST Gas Contractor allowed to install the gas reticulation. The calN. you have to have a Gas Demand, in yr case u might U bulk tank or 2x50kgx11 Nos of cylinder, to calculate the pressure drop, refilling frequency and pipe stress

We are gas contractor in Sabah, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah

TQVM

mustar

Anonymous Poster

06/20/2010 2:46 PM

hi everyone,,

can anyone give some information on the basic engineering design requriement for the LPG Piping for the Building especially for the flats in township ,, wat are the requirements ,,

Thanks

Participant

03/05/2014 1:01 AM

LPG design and installation is a serious and dangerous matter. I advice you that you should read NFPA58, API 2510, and also CRANE technical paper #410. I hope this helps you.

Reply to Forum Thread 11 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

almon88 (1); Anonymous Poster (6); aurizon (1); binoi (1); Engr Sandoval (1); maerskbhoy (1)

Previous in Forum: ss 304 welding dc current   Next in Forum: Heating System

Advertisement