Previous in Forum: Induction Billet Heater Coil   Next in Forum: How Does DC Affect the Human Body?
Close
Close
Close
Anonymous Poster

Honewell thermostate setting

12/05/2008 3:16 AM

how much temp of honewell thermostate cutoff / start from its set point, i am using three ac for office cooling how can i set to maintain 23* c in office area.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 833

Re: Honewell thermostate setting

12/08/2008 3:49 AM

Without knowing anything of the dimensions of the office, the heat load within, the number of occupants, the cooling load, the ventilation and thermal insulation arragements, the only way to tell is to carry out experiments. Tolerance is important: 23degC +/- what, for example?

Most thermostats used in heating applications in high latitudes have a small resistor wired across the neutral and switched live terminals. The resistor pre-warms the switching mechanism so that it shuts off slightly early on approach to temperature setpoint. This is to allow for the fact that there is thermal capacity in most heating systems and that there would be temperature overshoot, and consequent loss of economy, without it.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Induction Billet Heater Coil   Next in Forum: How Does DC Affect the Human Body?

Advertisement