Previous in Forum: UL Certification for Surgical Laser   Next in Forum: Need A Pellet Mill
Close
Close
Close
3 comments
Active Contributor

Good Answers: 1

Virtual Physiological Human Project

12/07/2008 7:14 PM

So they have been all this talk about this project for a long time. How ambiguous it is and all that. There is so much stale information about it online. Does anyone know exactly what the status of this project is right now. Is it still feasible and is it still ever gonna happen? This would save me a lot of online time. I'm really interested in the project and I think it is great to give it a try, but everyone keeps talking and nothing really substantial is getting done yet. I'm not a big fan of some of the sites out there with the java applets and all e.g Visible Human Server . It will be nice for this to be all made online, efficient and functional globally.

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 45

Re: Virtual Physiological Human Project

12/08/2008 11:45 PM

Sounds like a nice idea but its complexity is probably beyond anything we've got to throw at it at this time.

You may have to wait for massive machine neural networks to come online.

Good Answers: 1
In reply to #1

12/13/2008 11:42 AM

do you really think massive machine neural networks is the only thing holding us back? cos I'm sure there are possible answers to that. Not personal, but you sound like one of those people from 500 B.C that would say that a PC is never ever going to exist or is even possible because of its complexity. Everything complex that has been achieved starts from one angle, piece by piece and then finally gets solved. Personally, I think we are at a stage where this is possible at the moment. We re just lazy and too ethical.

Good Answers: 45
In reply to #2

12/13/2008 3:38 PM

Well I think my short comment actually takes what you say into consideration in a practical way though I didn't bother to elicit those mechanisms in my original comment. Yes, indeed it may now be possible. Considering human laziness, the proclivity toward crisis motivation and the capitalist model it may be that the effort required to establish such a complex system will not be forthcoming. However, with the advent of an easier means, such as massive neural networks, which may actually not be that far away, then the task might be simplified by an amount that would garner the investment of funds by otherwise lazy and only profit motivated entities. It is not just our instantaneous theoretical capabilities that factor into the fruition of such systems, as you point out.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: UL Certification for Surgical Laser   Next in Forum: Need A Pellet Mill

Advertisement