Previous in Forum: Overpressure Condition of ASME U-Stamped Vessels   Next in Forum: Pressure Drop
Close
Close
Close
3 comments
Commentator

Good Answers: 1

Silk Screen Printing - Print Washed Out

01/05/2009 7:10 PM

I have a silk screen shop and make some prints on shirts. One of the shirts was washed and the paint got off pretty easily. It was previously dryed with a hot air gun but unsure if I over/under did it. It was a double print (white) in a navy blue shirt, I dryed up the first layer pretty rapidly and gave the 2nd layer a good dry.

Does anyone know :

1.- average time to allow drying off with hot air gun on cotton shirts or polyester to avoid washing the print off.

2.- Problems if you over heat the print and how do you know?

3.- Problems if you under heat the print

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Power-User
Hobbies - Musician - New Member Engineering Fields - Manufacturing Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 20

Re: Silk Screen Printing - Print Washed Out

01/06/2009 11:40 AM

Hi Jedi

Here is a Great site with alot of articles and forums that will more likely supply you with the answers you seek.

http://www.screenweb.com/home.php

Another site of forums about all kinds of printing.

http://www.screenprintinguniversity.com/forums/index.php?c=17

Hope this helps you.

Good Answers: 1
In reply to #1

01/07/2009 10:32 AM

Thank you, this was really helpful. Turns out one of the paint layers was overheated and did not mix well with the second one. Ahh.... it's the little details that ruin your process..

Hobbies - Musician - New Member Engineering Fields - Manufacturing Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 20
In reply to #2

01/07/2009 11:30 PM

Glad the info helped.

Sites like that always helped me in my searches for information when I was dealing with screen, off-set and bulb (tampon) printing issues.

Quite often the manufacturers of the inks that you use will also have some tips and answers for the use of their products.

Take care and good luck.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Overpressure Condition of ASME U-Stamped Vessels   Next in Forum: Pressure Drop

Advertisement