Previous in Forum: Bridge Structural Failure Warning: I-10 Lake Charles, Louisiana   Next in Forum: Trimix Flooring
Close
Close
Close
11 comments
Power-User
Engineering Fields - Agricultural Engineering - Agricultural Mechanization Technical Fields - Technical Writing - Translator Technical Fields - Education - Fluid Power Uruguay - Member - Born and raised.

Good Answers: 3

English Version of Chinese Standard GB50322-2001

01/21/2009 5:09 PM

I need to see a copy of GB50322-2001, "The Grain Code of Steel Silo Design", to check the specifications of a few grain silos I am being offered from China.

However, I don't understand a word of Chinese. Is there a copy available in English? Or maybe a European or American equivalent standard?

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Re: English Version of Chinese Standard GB50322-2001

01/23/2009 12:24 AM

Hi there, do you have its electronic version available in Chinese? Send it to me and I can help you out maybe...carlgu@gmail.com

I am a Chinese here, so this should be easy - the only problem is that I am not always on-line recently cause it's holiday season here.

Register to Reply
Power-User
Engineering Fields - Agricultural Engineering - Agricultural Mechanization Technical Fields - Technical Writing - Translator Technical Fields - Education - Fluid Power Uruguay - Member - Born and raised.

In reply to #1

01/23/2009 8:23 PM

No, I haven't got the original. I couldn't even find a website that offers it.

In reply to #7

01/28/2009 10:40 AM

It's actually easy to download the Chinese version over internet, as long as you're willing to pay for it - pretty cheap price indeed, about RMB$30 for the document. If you're really seriously looking for it, you can have the Chinese version soon, and then we may help you out with English version (maybe not 100% accurate, as I am not actully in your industry)

Register to Reply
Power-User

In reply to #10

01/29/2009 10:05 AM

Thank you carlgu. After Spring Holidays I will check again if my suppliers can send a copy to me; if they don't then I will contact you.

01/23/2009 3:04 AM

I have spent 3 years in construction in China and there is no English version of their standards as they dont need them.

If you look at the number you are asking about you will see the letters GB this stands for

Great Britain, China has taken british stands over other systems for I do not know why.

It is the ideal situation for them if you look at Britain with Hurricans Cyclones Earth quake and Sunamies.ect

Register to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member China - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 14
In reply to #2

01/23/2009 7:06 AM

I cannt help to say you are foolish and laugh at your subjective assumption.

Even in English there are many meanings for a certain abbrevation. for example, most of english know TMD, but if you put down it in chinese web site, you will get a reply as the worst as possible. its a popular rough curse. haha, culture different.

search for this in this cr4, you find many such words. some of them are interesting.

GB is chinese pinyin (pronounciation) abbrevation. means national standards (guo jia biao zhun), similarly,

JB, means department standards (machine industry standard) etc.

that standards is about a simple granary( warehouse ) built by steel plate writen by china national food supply bereau ( code of design or design specification)

its out of my depth.

Register to Reply
Power-User

In reply to #3

01/23/2009 8:23 PM

Thanks for the insight.

Good Answers: 2

01/23/2009 1:44 PM

Looking for love in all the wrong places and this is one for sure.

01/23/2009 2:42 PM

You can copy and paste into Bablefish it is a bit ifffy at times but better than nothing. Don't assume Chinese makers stick to codes any way.

Register to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member China - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 14
In reply to #5

01/23/2009 8:09 PM

hehe, batter not to relate to politics.

Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster
In reply to #5

01/23/2009 8:27 PM

We better learn what are the market needs, rather than let the market fit you!

Is it really America is the world and world is America?

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 11 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (3); carlgu (2); cnpower (2); gussosa (3); Nadeem0430 (1)

Previous in Forum: Bridge Structural Failure Warning: I-10 Lake Charles, Louisiana   Next in Forum: Trimix Flooring

Advertisement