Previous in Forum: Frame-VI Gas Turbine Mark-V Control   Next in Forum: Boeing 777 Tail Dock Design
Close
Close
Close
7 comments
Associate

Spherical Rubber Bearings

01/24/2009 4:05 AM

I am looking for a kind of spherical rubber bearing. please see the following attached image. but it is difficult to find a supplier who can produce the bearing. who can recommend some companies i can buy the bearing from?

the requirement of the bearing :

in the normal condition, the radical force can reach 200KN to 400kN. however in the very hard condition that hardly happens, the radical force can reach to 1200kN.

I expect someone could give me some pieces of good advice.

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: rubber bearing spherical
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 103

Re: help me- spherical rubber bearing

01/24/2009 5:54 AM

Did you mean roller bearings or rubber bearings ?

What are the approximate diameters ? for a diameter of say 100mm the static load rating will be about 920KN for a double row spherical brg.

You can have spherical plain bearings too check the website of FAG or SKF

is it a rotating shaft ? The rubber material is supposed to result in high friction. We use rubber in certain cases only for vibration dampning (rubber film behind the sleeve of a sleeve bearing) but no relative movement takes place on the rubber surface.

Fantastic ideas for a Fantastic World, I make the illogical logical.They put me in cars,they put me in yer tv.They put me in stereos and those little radios you stick in your ears.They even put me in watches, they have teeny gremlins for your watches
Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - Fishing - Old Salt Hobbies - CNC - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member

Good Answers: 266

Re: Spherical Rubber Bearings

01/24/2009 7:29 AM

Looks like a Ball Joint Swivel Bearing. Google that.

01/24/2009 11:47 PM

Dear sir,

You can contact igus germany sperical polymer bearings and bushings,max uk.

sankar

Register to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Not a new member!

Good Answers: 68

01/24/2009 11:53 PM

Hello elegantessay:

Do you want a 'bearing', or a spec as you describe for something to 'bare' on?

http://www.gmt.gb.com/?gclid=CLeqjbTxqJgCFQsyQgodtXKPnA

This company make some pretty hefty mountings. Worth a look? Does the rubber need a steel band on the inside if it is a bearing?

Or will a rubber of the right size and spec, with a steel rod through the center work?

Just a thought. This company do them all.

I am still looking. I entered Spherical Rubber Bearings 200KN to 1200KN.

Take care,....................

Good Answers: 28

01/24/2009 11:58 PM

http://www.applerubber.com/

Your drawing looks familiar to me. It looks like a polymer spherical insert pressed into an elastomer isolator surrounded by a substantial, probably metal housing. Jaguar used almost the exact design you drew to hang the exhaust system in early ('68 to '73 anyway) XJ6's and is probably available from:

http://www.terrysjag.com/

or:

http://www.xks.com/

01/25/2009 6:38 AM

You could try to find in a factory of rubber stuff,some "silent block" and combine that with a standard support bearing;you may try send to make a special "silent block" or try to find in companies whiches makes dampers-support for statics engines, i mean vibration isolators...Is not so clear to me what you are trying to do.-

Register to Reply

01/26/2009 3:44 AM

Try contacting the German company IGUS (www.igus.de) they make all kinds of dry type bearings using synthetic materials

Regards,

Bruce

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 7 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); babybear (1); Bruce Stanley (1); ferquiza (1); Jaguar (1); ozzb (1); sb (1)

Previous in Forum: Frame-VI Gas Turbine Mark-V Control   Next in Forum: Boeing 777 Tail Dock Design

Advertisement