Previous in Forum: Writing Center Coordinator   Next in Forum: Septic Tank Repair
Close
Close
Close
9 comments
Participant

Autocad Project Help

11/02/2006 7:47 AM

Hi Guys,

I need help with my autocad project. Its to desgin an warehouse on autocad. professor has given us countors and someother dimension. I was wondering if someone can help me start this project, i would really appreciate that. i don't have much time so, if somebody can help me please reply ASAP.

thanks

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Anonymous Poster

Re: Autocad Project Help

11/02/2006 11:04 PM

I am a draftsman with construction experience. maybe I can help. I would need to know more about your project

chrisg288@hotmail.com

Register to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - Technical Services Manager Canada - Member - Army brat Popular Science - Cosmology - What is Time and what is Energy? Technical Fields - Architecture - Draftsperson Hobbies - RC Aircraft - New Member

Good Answers: 204
In reply to #1

11/02/2006 11:07 PM
Register to Reply
Active Contributor

In reply to #2

11/03/2006 1:48 PM

HI, i manufacture pre engeneer building and i am a draftman.

I am looking for a program 3 d, and what you show us is something very interesting as a result, so what program is it and is it complicated to learn, could we tranfer 2 d structure design into 3 d

Thanks for your feedback

E$-mail pdesj@hotmail.com

Register to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - Technical Services Manager Canada - Member - Army brat Popular Science - Cosmology - What is Time and what is Energy? Technical Fields - Architecture - Draftsperson Hobbies - RC Aircraft - New Member

In reply to #8

11/03/2006 2:32 PM

Pierre,

This program is freeware and shareware. The 3d wireframe modelling is Moray and the rendering is the open source raytracing engine POV-RAY. It is relatively easy to learn.

www.stmuc.com/moray

www.pov-ray.org

the downside of this application for architecture is that it doesn't create drawings, but the renders can be run in ortho mode (non-perspective,) so I usually work up a model in 3d, to work out the dimensions, and then draft it in a 2d. (Visio or Cad), or simply capture screenshots from the wireframe modeller as bitmap. (see image)

One of the really great features is that Moray puts out scene files, which are really text files, and these are run basically as scripted input files, or 'include files' to the rendering engine, and there is almost no limit to the number of objects you can include. and Pov-Ray is one of the best rendering engines on the market if you ask me. I built a model of an actual 56 floor building complex I once worked on.. each render took a few hours. (see image)

I do 3d mechanical in solidworks, which has an automatic drawing feature. I also believe that Chief Architect has automated drawings, and permit custom work.

Solidworks has tools for cad transfer to 3d. Moray can import different types of 3d meshes, but it has no real tools to convert 2d cad data.

Chris

Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster

11/03/2006 1:13 AM

Hi,

WE have panel of architects, we need to know more about the projects. Please if possible visit www.ics-india.com for more details.

Reply to me at indcs@del3.vsnl.net.in

REgards

Narotam Singh

ICS

Register to Reply
Active Contributor

11/03/2006 8:20 AM

Im a Civil/Structural Engineer, Im into AutoCAD and designing warehouse structure is one of my expertise, please do send me the appropriate details, dimensions, etc of the project at this email address pice@operamail.com, ill try my best to help you

Fans of Old Computers - Commodore 64 - New Member

11/03/2006 8:23 AM

I am a student too. I think that you might need to STUDY and DO IT YOURSELF.

STUDY and DO IT YOURSELFSTUDY and DO IT YOURSELFSTUDY and DO IT YOURSELFSTUDY and DO IT YOURSELFSTUDY and DO IT YOURSELFSTUDY and DO IT YOURSELFSTUDY and DO IT YOURSELFSTUDY and DO IT YOURSELFSTUDY and DO IT YOURSELFSTUDY and DO IT YOURSELFSTUDY and DO IT YOURSELFSTUDY and DO IT YOURSELFSTUDY and DO IT YOURSELFSTUDY and DO IT YOURSELFSTUDY and DO IT YOURSELFSTUDY and DO IT YOURSELFSTUDY and DO IT YOURSELFSTUDY and DO IT YOURSELF

11/03/2006 1:06 PM

Just a suggestion, but you will be using this program for the entirety of your working like. It may be a good idea to learn it well since you have a chance to as part of your education. It all comes down to whether or not you are going to have to perform and execute on the job later in life. just a thought.

11/03/2006 1:38 PM

0. learn Autocad or other cad package.

1. Create or determine the lot size on which the structure is to be placed.

2. layout a basic grid large enough to encompass the total site plan of each structure. maximum 10 ft spacing.

3. determine space requirements in sq ft for each function to be operating within the structure. (stacks, office, vehicle parking, utilities, safety, forklift charging, etc)

4. determine ingress and egress plans for site and each function. design site drainage plan.

5. finalize floor plan and equipment locations.

6. determine height requirements for all zones

7. determine hvac requirements for all zones

8. design steel structure, including analysis for season, rooftop equipment loads, floor loads, etc.

9. design hvac ductwork, electrical, lighting, plumbing. etc.

10. revise and revise and revise, til it all works.

11. specify all materials above and below grade (gravel, compaction, foundation, concrete, steel, etc.)

12. generate final drawings (plan, elevation, section, details, legends, and specifications) for each zone and function. include landscaping plan.

13. create index and revision control system for all documents. Complete all title blocks.

14. create trade specific contractor bid packages of requisite documents.

14. Submit. prepare for tendering process.

chris

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 9 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (2); chrisg288 (3); Jazzy1oh1 (1); pice (1); Pierre Desjardins (1); Sixsigmaengineer (1)

Previous in Forum: Writing Center Coordinator   Next in Forum: Septic Tank Repair

Advertisement